ARCHERY SEASON

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by CoastalCutt, Aug 4, 2008.

1. CoastalCutt Member

North Bend, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Any Archery Hunters out there getting pumped for September? I sure am. Been scouting both my Blacktail and Mulie grounds lately. Prospects look good. Lets hear about everybody's hunts planned for September!
  2. reamse New Member

Cheney, Washington
    YOU KNOW IT!

I've been scouting some public lands heavily, seen a lot of game paths, and some promising areas, but I'm pretty sure i'll be in a natural blind (can't afford the climber I want yet).

First season out here in WA, i'm getting pumped for some mulie action, also not in shape!

But the bow is coming back to me soon, all tuned up and ready to rock! New sight, peep, rest, stabilizers and loop!

27 DAYS!
  3. seanengman Trout have no politics

davenport, wa
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Just got into archery this year. Totally stoked, been practicing a ton, and I can taste big mulie blood. The only thing I have left to do is drop this next paycheck down at Cabelas for broadheads, decent camo, and anything else I can think to spend my paycheck on. I have some good public land near my place that I hope doesn't get too much pressure.

Good luck all,

Sean
  4. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +161 / 0
    Have bowhunted 20 years and this is my second year bowhunting in WA. Tough state for archery!
    Live by Ellensburg and will hunt Teanaway for deer and near my house Manastash. Have been seeing some decent bucks in the area.Also plan on doing a Sept trip to Ferry County. If anyone wants to join me pm
    t
  5. 2506 Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Totally agree with the out of shape part! But can't wait to whack a nice deer this year with my new setup, Martin Bengal with all the bells and whistles.
  6. reamse New Member

Cheney, Washington
    Just got back from scouting a promising area.

Saw a nice 2 yr old 4 point mulie. Next step is to call for permission.

Scouted some of the other public spots, and coming from Wisconsin, WASHINGTON IS A TOUGH ARCHERY STATE!! lol

So barren out here in the east, chasing these bucks is going to be much harder than I so naively suspected.

Good luck to all. I'M PUMPED!
  7. CoastalCutt Member

North Bend, WA

It is tough, but we have traditional whitetail stand hunting, stalking mulies, and rain forest blacktail, take your pick, it's all fun, just try to learn one species and area.
  8. reamse New Member

Cheney, Washington
    17 DAYS!

Been scouting like crazy, found 3 legal bucks in and around my hunting area, so hopefully the cams will reveal some good news.

Hope all is well! Put em on the ground.

Ellsworth
  9. CoastalCutt Member

North Bend, WA
    Great news. Any muley over that way with three legal tines is worth mentioning if you ask me.