Area 10 Report - 9/5

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Stonefish, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    Hit a Area 10 beach this morning. Fished from 6:30 until 10:00. Hooked up three fish, two ldr's and one to the beach. Bonked one hatchery fish around 4 lbs. All three fish hit chartruese clousers. The bite really died off at around 9 when the sun hit the water.
    Brian

2. Salvelinus

Salvelinus Member

Media:
    What kind of fish? Silvers I assume?

3. Stonefish

Media:
    Yes, silvers.

4. TomB

TomB Active Member

Dammit! every year it seems like the week after I leave for school when the silvers arrive in fishable numbers. Oh well, I'll post a report on Maine striper fishing soon. Nicely done stonefish.
    -Tom

5. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Media:
    tomb- where have you been the last month? its been good for silvers for awhile. What college? where are you fishing stripers?

Nice report stonefish.

6. Stonefish

Media:
    Tom,
    I'm envious. Fishing for stripers is on my to do list. Are there other types of fish available where you'll be fishing, bluefish, albies?
    Please send some reports on your striper fishing.
    Thanks,
    Brian

7. Dizane

Dizane Coast to Coast

Media:
    TomB,

I know what you mean about the silvers. You post the Maine striper report and I'll eventaully post a New Jersey striper report. I'm going to school over here now and I just gotta find the time to get out (which is asking for a lot).

Dane

P.S. Great report Stonefish. Fishing silvers from the beach is undoubtedly one of my favorite fisheries.

8. TomB

TomB Active Member

D3Smartie-

I go to Bowdoin College in Brunswick, ME. As for where I have been the last month- well until a little over a week ago I was in the seattle area fishing the beaches hard...I caught a heck of alot of pinks and only one silver of about 7 pounds. Im just griping because every year i have to leave right when its getting hot for bigger fish. As soon as my rod arrives in the mail, I will be hitting nearshore areas in the kennebec river estuary as well as coves and exposed areas near brunswick, me. There are some bluefish too, but usually you need a boat. Ill get back to you guys on this soon.
    -Tom

9. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Media:
    great school... had a few friends from HS go there. And it is a beautiful area. I love it up there. We have a family place up about 30 mi south of Rockland on Turkey cove, near the little towns of tenants Harbor and port clyde. Some great striper fishing in there.
    You ever make it down to Bath and Popham beach for the stripers?
    post some pics soon. Love those big bucket mouths. My hope is to get a striper on a popper next year when i am back east. That would be sweet. :thumb: