Area 13

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Dirk Pitt, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Dirk Pitt

Dirk Pitt New Member

Media:
    Anyone have any advice on hitting ma13 near the fishtraps? Gonna be out there anyway on Sunday with my dad and son, so I figure, bring the fly rod! Heard indirectly from dad that the indian netters are cleaning up on silvers in this area on the incoming tide this week, so might get lucky. Gonna use various clousers on clear intermediate line(only sinking line I have for now). Thanks for any input you guys may have. Bob.

2. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    Dirk,
    Here is a report. I hope this helps.
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=022604

The Piscatorial Pursuits and Gamefishin.com boards have lots of members willing to share river and salt reports and info. A few folks on this board spend so much time bashing anyone who fishes with gear that they over-look alot of good information from folks that are both good experienced fishermen and people. Quite a few folks on these boards also fish with the bug rod.
    Brian

3. Dirk Pitt

Dirk Pitt New Member

Media:
    Thanks for the info, Stonefish. We hit the area with wiggle warts and spinners with no luck. I flailed along with my 8wt and clausers with no luck. Had a small one follow a chartreuse clauser, but no joy. Even my dad's indian buddy didnt get much while we were there. Although he did give me a couple of fish worth of eggs to cure, so it wasnt all bad. We brought along some herring to let the kids catch some sharks, so they were happy with that. Kids........