area 8.2

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by hawaiianflyfisher, Aug 8, 2013.

1. hawaiianflyfisher

hawaiianflyfisher Go big tuna or go home

Anyone fish 8.2 from shore yet for pinks? Thinking of going tomorrow with my kids.

2. fish-on

fish-on Waters haunt me....

Might be a late reply.... Fished 8-2 36 hours ago and it was slow. We were on a boat and we didn't do too well except for a nookie released. Lots of boats but saw 1 or 2 caught. Saw a few beach fisher folks but didn't see them hook up anything, at least during the time we were there..,Hope things have changed...

Good luck.

John

3. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    This week was substantially slower all over than it was last week/last weekend.

4. Ian Broadie

Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Media:
    Home Page:
    After many more pink runs than I can remember all the details from one thing I do know about 8-2 "Humpy Hollow" is that it fishes much better approaching Labor Day than it does in the beginning of the month. Are there some fish there now? sure there are, buthe weekend prior to Labor Day is usually the my most productive weekend on the salt in 8-2.

Thanks,

-Ian

5. ten80

ten80 Active Member

^ Ditto. I've fished labor day two years in a row and there area always good numbers of coho around plus pinks on odd years. You might get lucky if a school of pinks swims by, but it can be a crapshoot till then unless you have a boat and can move around.

Ian Broadie likes this.