Area 9 8/21-8/22

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Tony, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

Media:
    I went out on Mon. looking for some action, great outgoing with some really nice lows and even though I saw a few jumpers of good size close in there was nothing there for me, the day wasn't a totall bust sure I caught no fish but the wild life veiwing was fantastic, I saw six seals cruising the beach and much to my delight there were 4 dolphin cruising out off the beach in the deeper waters way cool, then much to my surprise a doe and 2 fawn walked down to the waters edge about 30' or so from me and then started walking towards me, when they got to me they stopped and looked the breeze wasn't blowing towards them so the doe didn't know what I was but with no scent she wasn't afraid just extemelly curious, and with her young standing there she waded into the water with her neck stretched way out sniffing only 5' from me, you could see she had never seen anything like this before and really wanted to know what the hell it was. Yesterday I went out again same story outgoing and lows,no wildlife, only a few jumpers but I did manage to catch 5 fish the largest a clipped silver of 16" very healthy fat and full of spunk made me wish I was fishing a lighter rod than my 6 weight, the others were all 10 to 13" salmon of some sort, there were a bunch of the smaller fish chasing bait up and down the beach, pretty fun you can see the busy water and cast to it with some hope of getting into a fish, plus you never can tell can you the big one is just a cast away.
    tony

2. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    Tony,
    Great report. Myself and two friends experienced the same thing in Area 9 on 8/19. Great water movement and tons of bait. We managed only a few shakers. In five hours of fishing, we saw only one 4 lb fish caught by a gear angler. I spoke with one of the locals who fishes this particular beach every morning for 2-3 hours. He said that was the only decent sized fish he had seen caught all week. It should happen soon, as we are getting into prime time. Based on NOAA's 10 day forecast, it looks like we should get some rain next week.
    http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/weather/10_day.cgi
    Brian

3. wolverine

wolverine Member

Rain! We beach rats need some rain to bring the ocean silvers in.