Area 9 9/27-28

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Tony, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Tony

Tony Left handed Gemini.

Media:
    Fished a area 9 beach yesterday for about 4 hours in the afternoon caught 6 silvers 2 to 6 lbs missed a few more, all were caught on clousers, the fish were in and the action was pretty hot for most everyone that were there, a couple of guys using herring were just ripping it up but then the fish moved on or out and the action came to an end. I went back this morning and when I got to the beach I found that I had forgotten my reel, man was I pissed, I had a spool on the seat with dryline so I decided to fish anyway even though I really wasn't too sure on how I would do landing a fish without a reel I was there I was going to fish. I stripped out enough line to cast and some extra to play tucked the spool in my shirt pocket were I could easily get at it if I needed to and started in casting, after about a hour of that I saw a fish swirl to my right so I cast over to it and it grabbed the fly well it turned out to be around 5lbs and yes I could land a salmon without a reel I think a really large fish would be a different story entirely but at least anything up to 5lbs is totally doable, a little later I caught another it was smaller no problem at all, well that was it for me all fish caught in this report were released.
    tony

2. Jake Bannon

Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

Media:
    Sounds like a great day, I would have like to seen you play that fish without a reel just for the fact Ive never seen it done.

Jake

3. 1morecast

1morecast Active Member

Media:
    Now that is hardcore!!!!:beer2: