area 9 9/28

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Tony, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Tony Tony

Lynnwood Wa
    Ratings: +55 / 0
    I've been gone for a week playing with trout on the other side of the hills so I decided to get out and see how the silver runs are doing locally this morning. I went to a easily accessed beach, pretty nice tide and found myself spot amongst the gentlemen casting lures and proceeded to toss out mine, I was using a small pink over white clouser not being very happy cause I just bought a new line which I wasn't really pleased with, that combined with the crappy rod I have just weren't casting as far as I'd like but after a while I realized my fly was getting out as far as some of the gear guys stuff I calmed down and started getting into just fishing, after about an hour I got my first fish, an ok hen landed, bonked and recorded I felt much better a couple of casts later a tug and a miss no body else on the beach at that time had caught anything, after about another 30 minutes a guy on down the beach got one then a guy right next to me on my left got one then the guy on my right got one, on my next cast I got my second fish which turned out to be pretty much the same as the first with the same results, not a bad hour and a half of fishing limit out and on to home to make MaMa happy with some honeydos for the rest of the day.
    tony
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    Excellent report and efficient catching Tony. Thanks for sharing.
  3. yellowlab Active Member

In a van... down by the river, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 8
    Kudos to you for finding the Coho. I like the pickup tailgate background.
  4. Kerfwappie Member

Poulsbo, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Yeah, nice tailgate party.
  5. johnnyrockfish Member

Kitsap County, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Nice report and nice fish.

JR