Articulated Fly Swap (New Thread)

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Wayne Jordan, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    So here's the final list for the Swap...

Fishboy
    Trevor
    Surf Candy
    Diehard
    SpokaneFisherman
    jessejames
    Don Johnson
    pwoens

This swap is closed! :thumb:

Flies due by December 25... :thumb:
  2. pwoens Active Member

Spokane, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Can I join??? :confused:
  3. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +338 / 3
    Patrick:
    If you participate you will have to tie something new, Spokane said he was going to tie the pwosquawfish fly. ;)
    jesse clark
  4. pwoens Active Member

no biggie.....I dont want anyone to have my original pattern anyways and I know after tying with spoke that he will not be able to accurately reproduce my fly. So no worries. :rofl:
  5. SpokaneFisherman Member

Spokane
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    No worries Patrick... Go ahead rip on me... See if I care... :mad:
    Seriously though, I've been tying a "version" of your fly. Mine does without all the tinsel-flashy-flash. I also think that I don't dress mine as heavily as you do.
  6. pwoens Active Member

i hope that mad face is a sarcastic mad face cause im just playin with ya.....dude you got mad skills over me!!!! I only pick on ya cause I know you can handle it ;)

EDIT: does this mean I can join???
  7. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +338 / 3
    Dear Mr. Pwoens:
    I think it would be an honor to have a fly dresser of your caliber in our swap. If my opinion counts at all you can certainly participate. Besides I would appreciate having another one of your secret weapons in my arsenal. I haven't in the past been as detrimental to your high position as a flyfisher, but since I heard of your Moms hobby of owning machine guns you have all my respect. I never want to tick off Paddys mom.
    jesse clark
  8. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'm just gonna tie up 10 bugs. That's what I originally planned on and besides, hooks come in 10 packs anyway... :thumb: Ultimately it's Fishboy's swap and hence his call. For me, I'm easy and don't have a problem with more folks.

Trevor
  9. Wayne Jordan Active Member

I would be a fool not to let the Squaw Fish master join in! :clown: What will you be tying for us?
  10. pwoens Active Member

hahahhaa....thanks kev...now im labeled as a squaw fish master.....LOL

A purple and chartreuse bunny leech. I dont know if its articulated or string??? Im all confused now :confused: Either way it has a lot of action in the water and catches fish. Its designed for low water and should be fished with a sinking line and short leader.....its completely unweighted.

If this fly is not acceptable....let me know. Im about half way done tying them....including a few extras for the swapmeister of different patterns.
  11. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    I finished up my flies this weekend. I will get 8 in the mail sometime this week. I'm looking forward to seeing all the offerings. :beer2:

Trev

Incidently, I'm totally diggin' on this swap thing...
  12. SpokaneFisherman Member

Spokane
    Fishboy,

Mine are just about done as well. Need to pick up some more stinger hooks. So I should have them in the mail by midweek (knock on wood).
    Started tying and got on a roll. Ended up with 16 flies. So there will be two for everybody. :beer1:

Patrick,

Yes that angry face was Sarcastic. And you're welcome... you truly are a Squawfish master. Who knows, Maybe you'll make some money in the Derby next year :thumb:
  13. Diehard aka Justin

Seattle, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Are there 8 or 9 people in the swap total? I wanted to make sure I tie enough for everyone.
  14. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    I believe that it's eight. Fishboy added pwoens to the list via an edit, so the list at the beginning of the thread has everyone on it.

Trevor
  15. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    BTW, I posted a picture of my pattern in the pattern section. I wish I had a camera vice a scanner. I think it looks much better than jpegs show. I hope you all will agree when you recieve them.

Mine are in the mail to fishboy as of today.

Trevor
  16. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Mine are done as of yesterday. :thumb: I will update everytime I receive someone's flies in the mail. Thanks for all the effort!
  17. SpokaneFisherman Member

Spokane
    Fishboy,

Just wondering what's the official protocol for Toe-Tags and Receipes. As mentioned earlier I ended up with 16 flies. So I plan to put one toe-tag per set of two flies. Should I also include a receipe for each swapper. Or should I send you the master receipe? Just trying to get my ducks in a row. :thumb:
  18. Wayne Jordan Active Member

For my toe tag I usually just put the pattern, my screen name, and then my e-mail address. If one of you guys can take pictures of the flies and then post to the site, we can add in the recipe to our own flies with any additional notes... So who has a digital camera ;)
  19. SpokaneFisherman Member

Spokane
    I'd be willing to do the photos. However,I don't want to step on any toes. I know Jesse has a brand spanking new 12giga pixel...super mighty macro...extra tele photo...lookout Ansel Adams digi cam that he's probably dying to break in. :rofl:
  20. Trevor New Member

Poulsbo , WA
    :eek: :eek:
    Umm, what's a toe tag? I just put mine in the mail. Sorry, this is my first swap, I didn't know there was a certain presentation that we needed to do. :(

All I included was 8 flies for the group plus 4 (nonarticulated) flies for Fishboy plus an addressed envelope plus money for shipping.

As for the recipe, I posted it in the patterns section (though the pictures are crap).

Trevor