Articulated Madness

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ed Call, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Seven, we are at seven. Come on you big streamer chuckers, show us some of your articulated madness.
  2. Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Lakewood,Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Make it 8 now mumbles! Count me in.

I'll tie up my purple X's that have served me well. ;)
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Holy crap, we got Mr. E. This is royalty all...note his pattern is even in the color of royalty...purple! Glad to have you!
  4. Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Bellingham Wa.
    Ratings: +316 / 1
    Hey Mumbles, I'd like to get in on this, if there's room. It's a long drive from Belliwash, but it sounds fun to me!
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    You are in. Maybe some of the B'ham crew should carpool down and hang with some Kitasappers.
  6. Gary Dills 3 weight to 10 weight

Sequim, WA
    Ed...count me in. Intruder style with Black blue, pink, whatever. PM me your addy. I just might be on the Rhonde on Oct 2...bummer huh?
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Just checking in and putting this back to the top of the pile. Well, we have two slots empty, but ten tyers is pretty good. Maybe someone wants to get in on this while it is hot! How is everyone doing? Will there be any complications with the meet up at the end of the month? Is anyone coming via a ferry? If so, tell me which one. Right now there are a couple of places on my radar as good locations to meet. All serve some brew and grub. Anyone have a preferred business to visit or one that you detest, send me that info (PM preferred if it is a NOT THIS PLACE).
  8. Ben Waldschmidt Member

That Doc's Grill in B.I. seemed to work out for the last one you hosted. But I'm all for trying something different, if you've got another place in mind.

Oh yeah, I have about 3 tied so far. Will probably finish this weekend, though. I'll post a pic of the finished product when I'm done.
  9. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Thanks Ben, I thought Doc's worked well also. For those taking a ferry from Seattle they can pretty easily walk on the boat and walk to Doc's in about ten minutes or so.

There is a place near the Kingston ferry terminal too, actually there are two. Any preferences to Bainbridge over Kingston or Kingston over Bainbridge? I'm open for input.
  10. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Kingston!!! Also would be closer for those coming from Bellingham. What places are you thinking about in Kingston?
  11. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Drifters which is right across from the ferry landing or Holding Lane which is about a block and a half up from there and across the street. Both easily walkable in two to three minutes or less. Other suggestions?
  12. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    Either works for me, but Kingston might be a little easier. Haven't started tying yet, but no fear - the bunnies with be there!
  13. Trevor Thorp Happy to be home in the NW

Fall City, Washington
    Inspiration has come. Spey style articulated shrimp pattern.

[IMG]
  14. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Doesn't Drifter's offer Dead Guy on tap!?!?!?

:beer2:
  15. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Love me some Dead Guy!:beer1:
  16. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Sweetness!
  17. cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    Very interesting idea, Daconil. If you are going for an articulated GP though, shouldn't you put the golden pheasant on the trailer, to mimic the dark eyes of a shrimp? Add in some crystal flash and/or orange calf tail for antennae to the trailer and keep the rest the same and I think that you'll have real winner.

Steve
  18. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Two weeks from tomorrow all, how we doing? I've tied three of three different patterns and am letting them stew on my bench to see which I want to tie up the rest of...sorry, don't count on getting three from me.

Remember, Friday, October 2nd, early evening, say 6pm. Local pub to the Kingston Ferry Terminal...still up in the air over the two that are down there. I'll drop in and see if either is willing to offer a bunch of fly tyers a deal on drafts for one night.
  19. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    I haven't started...but no worries, I can tie up some bunny madness pretty damn quick! I've been too busy tying to keep up with my fishing during the week. Looking forward to this outing!

Daconil, nice looking tie!
  20. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    So my stinger hooks are all dressed and will be off the dryer momentarily so I can tie them into the lead hook and finish. With ten people tying it is like tying 20 flies this way. I like that as I've tied more flies my consistency from one to the next has gotten a bit better. Thanks to you guys and everyone in previous swaps for being patient with me as I slowly improve. Mine will likely be done tonight or tomorrow night. I hope everyone likes attention grabbing red with red and more red covered by red and finally dressed in red. Here is one, front hook is not yet clipped, but it will be.