Articulated Steel Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Monkey Salad, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Miller Member

North Bend, WA.
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    flies are in the mail today
  2. Monkey Salad Member

walla walla, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have got about half the flies, should be out by the end of next week I hope. Please do not forget to include a dollar or two for the return postage.
  3. Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

puget sound
    CRAP!!! Totally spaced on the coin on this swap. If you dont mind Im gonna send a few bucks out tomarrow in a seperate postage.

-Jake
  4. Philster New Member

Ratings: +3 / 0
    Do you have paypal? I forgot to put cash in TRYING TO BEAT THE DEADLINE (Harrumph!):rofl: Seriously though if you have paypal I'd rather send extra to that to cut down on work. If not I'll mail you some cash.
  5. steve s Member

Issaquah, Washington
    I was out of town last week and when I got back to work, my flies were still on my desk. Sorry about that, they went in the mail yesterday with a prepaid return postage stamp but I forgot toe tags. Mine are the blue intruder looking patterns.
  6. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +783 / 0
    After much slacking, my flies went in the mail today. I am not worthy. But the flies should do alright. They are dressed with my all time favortie colors for swinging small local waters :)
  7. Monkey Salad Member

walla walla, wa
    got dalan's flies today, real fishy. just waitin on charlie and mark now...
  8. Monkey Salad Member

walla walla, wa
    Still have not heard anything from Charlie or Mark. We all know that Mark has his tied so I'm gonna go ahead and wait for him. Charlie on the other hand, not so sure he is gonna get it together for this swap. Don't blame him, blame his shitty job. So once I get Mark's flies, I will send them out. And unless I hear from Charlie soon, dont plan on seeing his offering.
  9. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,507 / 9
    It's been a week since the last update, any changes?
  10. Monkey Salad Member

walla walla, wa
    Still have not heard from Mark or Charles. What do you guys want to do? I am all for sending the flies out if that is the consensus.
  11. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    They were the first two in, so they were eager. How about if they don't contact you by tomorrow night you send them out Thursday or Friday. We could be fishin' them next week if the storm surge subsides.
  12. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +783 / 0
    I with whatever anyone else decides. If you have more of my pattern than you need to send out, keep the extra as a swapmaster bonus.
  13. steve s Member

Issaquah, Washington
    I'm with David, I don't mind whatever you decide. If you have any extras, keep them. But if you could post some pics, that would be cool.
  14. Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

puget sound
    Ya keep my extras if the other two dont show, Im game for whatever gets decided. Im really looking forward to seeing the pics!

Jake
  15. Monkey Salad Member

walla walla, wa
    Alright, will do my best to send them on friday - unless anyone has an objection. Sorry but pictures are not going to happen, I killed my computer 2 days ago, and cannot upload photos onto the computers around school. You guys will just have to wait for the surprises.
  16. Monkey Salad Member

walla walla, wa
    Let me know if you want your extras back.
  17. Monkey Salad Member

walla walla, wa
    Also Props to Philster and Steve S who tied for first place in sheer massive badassery, and to David Dalan who wins the fishyness category - his fly will sink and breath well and the colors are at home on the east and westsides. I'll try to find some trinkets for your packages.
  18. Charlie Erdman In search of steel

K. Falls, OR
    Please PM me addresses. I've been on the road for a month for work and just got back recently. Sorry they are so late, but PM me addresses and I will send them off to each individually. As long as that is good with swapmaster ms. They will be shipped on Monday.
  19. Monkey Salad Member

walla walla, wa
    Everything is in the mail, so everyone should have a happy Thanksgiving. Lots of quality flys, a good swap despite lateness and missing roster spots.
  20. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Flies arrived today, very diverse but awesome bunch. Intruders, leeches, maribous, bunnies and a stupid mouse. Great looking ties gents, I'll be replicating as many of them as I can, but tying them to your standards will be tough. By the way, for those of you that tied these on shanks, what kind do you use? I checked out waddington shanks but there are some others in this group. I bet a few of these big nasties would be great tubers, if I can't find some shanks like you've used I'll try a tube variation.