August Pink Reports

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by jwg, Aug 1, 2011.

1. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Media:
    Home Page:
    east waterway produced a limit on opening day from 4 -6:30. some schools schooling around but not real thick yet. Hope it gets like last time.

2. Wollybooger

Wollybooger New Member

Fished PNP yesterday (good to meet you too Nick). I stayed another hour on the inside of the point. Gear fisherman continued to catch fish all morning...a few more big Coho. The fly fisherman you saw landed a pink. No luck for me on the inside. Lot's of action yesterday, but definitely slow on the fly.

3. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    any other boat launches other than kingston near point no point?

4. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Media:
    Peter- Eglon is a couple of miles to the South of PNP, but mind the tide at launch or take out. I've witnessnes a couple of impatient guys loose their rig in the soft sand and incoming tide.

5. JayB

JayB Active Member

Media:
    Hit the E. channel of the Duwi this morning. Verdict - muy slow. Lots of casting and skunkage for me - but my father in law redeemed us and caught two. Saw the great pink slayer Yellowlab there for a few hours before he moved on to greener pastures - so hopefully his crew will have better tidings to report than mine.

Since my father in law is in town for this weekend, and drove many miles to fish this run, I'll gladly repay any stealth reports from folks that can point us in the right direction via PM with a six pack of their choosing at some later date...

6. Peter Pancho

Media:
    Home Page:
    i've been to eglon but don't want to risk launching my 14' Lund there. its just the kingston boat launch is something like 6+ boating miles from pt n pt,etc. hoping there was something closer, doesn't look like it though. I know there is salsbury but again, too far for eglon if I decide that too. oh well.

7. Tom Johnston

Tom Johnston Been around a while

Media:
    Dad and I fished BP this morning. He landed his very first salmon EVER (from Spokane).

8. Tony James

Tony James Member

The Puyallup is certainly not everyone's favorite river - but quite a few of my friends are steady catching. Best of luck . . .

9. mud sculpin

mud sculpin New Member

Fished Dumas bay area today from 10 am to 5 pm didn't touch a fish or even see one all day for that matter. Water was nasty all day until about 4 pm then is cleared up some but still no fish to be seen. Went 12 for 13 last saturday in the same area and now it seems to have died down to near nothing since then. Better tides for next weekend , maybe some more fish will show.

10. P.Dieter

Media:
    Home Page:
    11 fish opening weekend of Inner Elliott Bay Fishery....the beginning of a special relationship. ;)

seal last night's smoke, move yesterday's out of the brine, fillet and brine today's...gets to be a real job!

11. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hit the snohomish this morning. Fish rolling, but not biting. Definitely had the case of some severe lockjaw. Ended up with one landed and one ldr in 3hrs.

12. Ian Broadie

Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Media:
    Home Page:
    That's why I have kept exactly 0 fish this year :D However I am looking forward to Evans brine recipe and smoked salmon.

13. Had family in from CO and pounded the water hard all day Friday with no pinks in MA11. Saturday, we moved to the east channel and fish hard until noon with only 1 fish to hand. Wind was kicking up and the schools were sporadic and sparse. Had lunch at Alki crab shack and decided to wait it out for the afternoon low. It was worth it... From 2-4 it was a fiesta, with a couple doubles and EZ limits for my guests. I was so busy keeping the boat in position (anchor wouldn't hold in the wind) and netting duty that wasn't able to fish much but got a kick from seeing their expressions as they caught their very first salmon. I think by next week the water will be boiling hot. I've smoked over 70 lbs of fillets and have another 30 lbs brining up for tomorrow's smoke. Even though it's alot of work it sure is fun.

14. Peter Pancho

Media:
    Home Page:
  15. JayB

JayB Active Member

Media:
    Fished the greater Redondo area today and it was all kinds of dead - think I saw three fish jump and a couple of dorsal fins over from 8:00AM-1:00PM. Caught one surprise fish while casting and retrieving for the hell of it - but the overall vibe was dead, dead, dead. Between that and the Puke disgorging a gajillion metric tons of filth that swills its way north on the outgoing tide (rowed out past a soccer all, a 2 liter bottle, a burrito wrapper, and a thong in in the space of about two pulls of the oar), the South Sound scene has been nasty and depressing thus far. Crossing my fingers for better tidings in the weeks to come.....

16. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

Media:
  17. P.Dieter

Media:
    Home Page:
    Toolfly doesn't look like he's having any fun

[​IMG]

A one of a kind fishing experience all around

18. James W.

James W. Member

19. Josh Smestad

Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Aside from a few A hole gear chuckers it was pretty decent at PNP this morning, went home with two and LDR'd and SDR'd a few more. Heading back in the morning.

20. My cousins from CO visited us in hopes of catching their first salmon, yesterday he did that not only with one fish, but on and on and on. The herding has started...