Avid Angler

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by golfman65, Dec 4, 2012.

1. golfman65 Guest

Ratings: +5 / 0
    So I don't know anything about this shop other then Ryan hooked me up with my 8133 and seemed like a really good guy. Invited me down for the weekend casting deal anytime etc.

I've heard the name but never dealt with these guys before...enjoyed it!!!

Many use or hang out there?
  2. stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Carlsbad, CA
    Ratings: +427 / 0
    When I lived in Shoreline it was my home store! great group of folks working there. Good selection of materials
  3. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +402 / 1
    TWO THUMBS UP! My home store. You want it, if they don't have it, they'll get it.
    JesseCFowl and stilly stalker like this.
  4. Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Western, WA
    Ratings: +191 / 2
    Hi P. That's my home shop too. Ryan's a stand up guy.
  5. Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Very good shop. Ryan and crew will take good care of you.
    As Jeff mentioned, if they don't have it they'll order it for you and give you very prompt service.
    My only problem with AA is I drive by it twice a day. At times the place seems like a magnet for my car.....lol.
    stilly stalker likes this.
  6. FlyinFish Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +77 / 0
    Stonefish, I have the same problem! Luckily it's a slight detour for me. But if traffic pisses me off enough, it's time to head for the shop!

Great shop and some great folks in there. Since day 1 they were awesome. I don't go anywhere else whenever possible.
  7. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +293 / 0
    My office is 2 miles away
    Have "luch" there once a week
    magnet indeed
  8. Steffan Brown ...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +64 / 0
    Agreed, great people to deal with! They are always warm and eager to help.
  9. zimdependent New Member

Ratings: +3 / 0
    I had a better first experience in the shop than I have at any other in the area. Non- Elitist and super friendly. Not what I have found everywhere and a breath of fresh air!
  10. Brett Angel Member

Sammamish, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Haven’t been there in a while since I moved, but it's a great shop and good people.
  11. Whitehorsebob Member

Darrington,wa
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    is the avid angler tom darlings old shop, the archer&angler?
  12. Brett Angel Member

Sammamish, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Yes it was, but that pre-dates my time there. Found this history on their website.
  13. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,702 / 0
    Just shows that fly fishermen can't count or keep track of time. IRC Darling first opened the shop in 1977, not 1975, not that it matters now.

Have been to the "new" location in Lake Forest Park a few times, but it's more than a little out of the way for me. Good materials, good selection, and good service.

Sg
  14. Andrew Lawrence Active Member

Renton, WA.
    Ratings: +100 / 0
    I shop at the Avid Angler fairly often. In my opinion, they are all quite knowledgeable and provide excellent customer service.
  15. William Wallace Active Member

Chesterton IN
    Ratings: +200 / 0
    Ol' Tom Darling, I remember years ago when my grandmother was alive, she lived a few blocks away from Patricks and my father worked at coolage propeller, I use to go up there with a few quarters and buy materials. Remember they would have chenille in glass jars that you would buy by the foot. I was just tall enough to look over the short part of the counter so Tom would pick me up and let me sit on it so I could see everything. I would spend the day talking fishing with him.

Once they moved to the archer and angler we still saw him alot. Never got to go to the Avid Angler as it is today, but I hear they are good guys there.
  16. nutsack angler newb

Dedmonds, WA
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    Avid is legit!!! My home shop as well. Ryan and Ben are top notch dudes who are on their game when it comes to dusting chromers. I hear they catch a lot of big trouts too...
  17. stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Carlsbad, CA
    Ratings: +427 / 0
    dusting chromers.....I was unaware I could get all my HEVI-BEADS through them and not just from the crack dealer in the Reiter parking lot
  18. nutsack angler newb

Dedmonds, WA
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    Avid only dusts chromers on the swing bro. go shake some palm trees
  19. Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Kirkland, Washington
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    Ryan and the gang are top notch and it's my home store. Plus on occasion when I get bored and fishing isn't such an option I just go in and hang out for a bit.
  20. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +333 / 2
    My home shop as well. Great crew.
    I knew Tom also.