Backcountry recipes, with fish, or without

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by Allison, May 14, 2009.

1. FlyMeARiver

FlyMeARiver Da Mailman! Making sure you get yours!

Media:
    Hops and barley are great ingredients with or without fish! Also give me a pan of chili bubbling on the fire with cheese and onions and maybe some hotdogs! Pretty simple and extremely tasty not to mention filling!

2. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

Media:
    ok i have new favorite recipies.

pizza - wheat flower dough, summer sausage, pepperjack cheese, jalepenos, hot sauce, red sauce. add 1 packet of yeast to warm water (be able to hold ur finger in it to the count of 5) and add brown sugar and follow yeast instructions, then fold into flower and make a dough. let the dough rise in a plastic bag against the skin for as long as possible. butter the frying pan and place pan over a low flame (i do this on a whisperlight by priming the stove, then depressurizing the tank, and then pumping a couple times and relighting.) form the dough into a pizza shape and bake till crust starts to brown, flip the crust, top and bake till golden brown on the bottom. add a splash of water to the pan and put on lid, allowing steam to fully melt the cheese.

Cheese Curumba! Mix cummin, chopped cheese, and flower into a dough. form patties and fry in butter. top with hotsauce.