Bad and good day on the Cedar

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by John Wallace, Jul 4, 2011.

1. John Wallace Active Member

Bellevue,Wa.
    Ratings: +61 / 1
    Well, got my new rod, a kabuto clear blank, built by JP Ross Rods. What a awesome rod. I can't post pictures with my computer. But if you would like to see it. Go to jprossflyrods.com. Then go to custom on the right side of the front page of the site. It is John Wallace Kab build.
    So for the Cedar, I get there, get all set up, have my son waders on and off to the river . I have to walk by a guard rail to get to the trail to the river. Well I slip and caught the waders on one of the bolts in the rail. I tore the waders right open in a L shape. 8in one way and 8in the other way.
    So I take the wader of and waded all day in my shorts. As for the day, it was great. I got 3 fish. Two on wets and one on a dry. The biggest was around 13in.
    As for the Kabuto rod. What a rod, it cast so ez, it is a med/slow to me. It is the 8' 3pc 5wt. I love the rod, and as to fishing it. I love when you have a fish on, you can fill everything. Had a great day other then I owe my son a pair of new waders. I will be going tomorrow too.
    You all have a great 4th and good fishing!!!!
  2. Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Phinney Ridge, Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    Lucky man. Some day, I'm going to corner a Kabuto 7033.
  3. William Wallace Active Member

Graham Wa
    Ratings: +198 / 0
    Sorry about the waders bro! or should I say Tyler. Well, as for the rod, sounds like a sweet stick. Will be back soon, so lets hit a river on Monday!!!Can't wait to see ya and family again.
  4. Cti111 Member

Sammamish,Wa
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    At least it was a warm 4th! If you see a guy out on the Cedar with a glass rod stop by & say hi - it may be me. Would love to check out your Kabuto