Bag and straps for NFO Freestyle H3

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Rodney Bryan, Oct 14, 2013.

1. I carried around this boat in the most inefficient way possible this weekend, and I want to improve upon that experience next time. I normally slide it out the back of my truck and into the water (less than 50 ft) so it wasn't a problem that I needed to solve until last weekend.

I am looking to buy/build a set of straps that would enable me to carry the inflated boat. Any pointers/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thinking about the bag some more, I don't really need one since I am not willing to empty the pockets in the boat that is already filled with all the fishing essentials.

2. Hi Rodney,
    Been a few years since I had my H3. What a wonderful float tube it is. I don't remember if it had rings on the bottom. If it does, have you thought of backpack straps?
    http://www.amazon.com/Bucks-Bags-Float-Backpack-Straps/dp/B001FB5BK2

3. Your reply sent me down Amazon path, and I ended up getting this rig http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001RL5PHY/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item (Back pack frame). This should work out just fine for carry the inflated craft but the challenge will be finding some place to stash it when I am on the water.

There are no rings at the bottom but there are 4 rings on the top side so most straps won't get the job done effectively.

4. The back of that tube is HUGE, no way to incorporate that frame to fit?

5. I plan to use the 4 rings on the front (top) of the tube to secure the back of the tube to the frame. if you are familiar with the craft, I am referring to the rings that you use to secure the stripping net. The straps will need to be a little longer than usual but it should work out. I will post a picture when I am done (success or failure)

6. Right on. Please do. Like I said it has been several years since I had one.

7. I'm anxious to see the result, Rodney. I think mine had rings under it like my Super Fat Cat had. I kept the backpack straps when I sold my Cat so I could use it with the H3. Love my H3.

8. It worked out well. I removed a section of the frame pack that I don't need for this application, and the load feel very comfortable. I am satisfied but the true test is the next 2 mile hike.

9. Brilliant!!!! Thanks.