Baker Lake?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by DW, Apr 29, 2002.

1. DW

DW New Member

Going to Baker Lake memorial weekend...anyone know of how the fishing is there, what they're biting, how to fish it? Any info. is appreciated....

Thanks!

- DW

2. fishnfella

fishnfella New Member

Fish till ya drop.
    Then suck it up
    and fish the evening hatch.

Forget it......fish Depression lake. Baker is a summer lake.

3. guest

guest Guest

I might be old,but I'm good

Depression lake might be good but it needs to have water in it. Last time I was up there at this time of the year That lake didn't have any water in it except up by the dam. Jim

4. hedburner

hedburner Member

Media:
    Mount Vernon, we're the Sketch in the heart of Ska
    On the way up to Baker you'll pass a small lake called Grandy lake, campsites and stuff, not to crowded but it's full of some real pretty cutts, also bass. Not a big lake shallow with weeds and trees and brush downed timber and the like. The campsites aren't well maintained so be prepared to pick up a lot of garbage left from crackheads. well it's not that bad. Nice thing about camping at Grandy is that it gets a lot less rain than the Baker lake sites.

5. DW

DW New Member

Thanks! Hey...how far is Grandy from Baker? I'm campin' with a big group at Baker, but would be interested in a short drive for an afternoon of floatin'.

Thanks!

- DW

6. hedburner

hedburner Member

Media:
    Mount Vernon, we're the Sketch in the heart of Ska
    I'm not real sure, maybe 10-15 miles down the road. On the way to Baker you'll pass the turnoff to the lake and the campground. It's worth checking out. I think Baker would probably too cold for good fishing, but Grandy will be putting out some action. Try yelow spiders around the shoreline for cutts, and hang on for any bass that will hit too.