Ban On Steelhead Fishing From Boats?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Bob Triggs, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    iagree
  2. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +109 / 0
    if we ban Clacka's, well solve the problem:)
  3. XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

Seattle, wa, King.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Let's ban Freedom, The Freedom to be free, The free and uh...AMERICA and Apple Pie and The Red White and Blue, and Guns and Ford Trucks too!

Bunch of dam terrorists!

SAK
  4. GATOR9 Hey you guys

Yakima, Wa.
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    I can give some things up but please do not ask me to give up my Ford Truck. You can have my wife (good cook) kids, (early 30's) my two cats, well one but not my Ford Truck.
  5. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +705 / 1
    Dude?? Thanks for clarifying and setting the record straight.

Oh, by the way, since there is not a watershed in America whose naturally occuring fisheries stocks have not been adversely affected by us evil, breathing carbon units, you might as well apply your logic to all things with fins. I fish Montana alot and many of the streams have resident Bull Trout, some of which are a listed species -- should we close those watersheds down?

Now back to the boat question. I checked with Pelosi & the Chosen One and they assured me there is "no ban on fishing from boats embedded in the 1990 page HCR Bill, except aluminum ones, their nosiy and ugly":D
  6. Kirk Singleton Capt Kirk

Sammamish, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I hate to jump into this snakepit of a thread but...
    I dont think we can say that banning boats will never happen, even though I think this is a stupid discussion. Barbless, bait restrictions, selective rules, c&r are examples of "recent" law changes of our sport. I love my boat, it makes it so much easier to carry my fat ass and beer down the river ;-). I really dont see the harm in boating. Look at the damage that (some, not all) bank fisherman do. Garbage, fishing line, cig. butts, lunch wrappers, coffee cups, worm cups that are left on the riverbank, not to mention- cutting your own trails. Take a look at the Snoqualmie, Cedar, Vedder etc. they are garbage dumps. Makes me sick!!!! I am sure that none fine people on this site litter but someone out there is really making a mess of things. I would offer that most boat fisherman pack their garbage out with them.
    That said, I fly fish, spey fish, bait fish and saltwater fish. I really dont care if you fish with a bead, fly or roe, everybody should have the right to enjoy the outdoors. I am respectful to the environment. I think that is more important than this row vs wade argument.
  7. 1morecast Active Member

Port Angeles
    Ratings: +49 / 0
    Row vs. Wade... Think are leagal system can handle this version?ptyd
  8. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +705 / 1
    Now that is funny...
  9. fifafu Guest

Ratings: +1 / 0
    I bought post card in West Yellowstone Montana with a guy standing stream as a drift boat goes by with a caption that read "Row vs Wade...The great debate".