Banks Lake Jamboree

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by Steffan Brown, May 8, 2012.

1. Steffan Brown

Steffan Brown ...

Media:
    Hey guys,
    Some friends and I were planning on heading over to Banks Lake for some camping/fishing over Memorial Day Weekend, however, I just found out there is some big bass fishing tournament over that weekend. Having never been there over these dates, is this something I should be concerned about, considering we were going to take our chances by arriving early for some of the first come first serve camp sites? I appreciate any information you guys may be able to share. Thanks in advance.
    -Steffan

2. Trashfisher

Trashfisher Member

Media:
    I have noticed that the bass fishing slows quite a bit when there are tournaments at Banks. I have had better luck in places that are not so accessible to the bass boats during such times. Look for those kinds of spots that accessible from shore and wadeable.

3. Couleeflyfisher

Couleeflyfisher Member

They hold bass tournaments every 2-3 weeks thru the summer, pretty hard to avoid them. The tournaments are staged out of Coulee Playland, north end of the lake at Electric City. Good bass fishing all over the lake so don't worry too much about the competition. A few do come down around Coulee City at times but most activity on north half of the lake. With high fuel costs probably will be more camp sites available both Coulee City and around Steamboat. CC does have the Last Stand Rodeo Memorial weekend and campers come in pretty steady starting Thur. evening and Friday but shouldn't be a problem.

4. Steffan Brown

Steffan Brown ...

Media:
    Thanks Coulee! That's exactly the kind of intel I was looking for. I appreciate it.

5. Trashfisher

Trashfisher Member

Media:
    Interesting but I have only fished the south end in the last couple of years and have always encountered at least three or four tournament boats on those weekends and bassin' was noticeably slower. It is what it is I guess. Just go fishing and find out!

6. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Media:
    Just got back from staying 3 days at the CC park. Nice place and the Carp are just starting to play. Also just put a back pack on and hike the face of the dam. Think Smallmouth !!!!

triploidjunkie likes this.