Basin weather report

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by zen leecher aka bill w, May 1, 2013.

1. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +965 / 1
    Weekend weather report is warm and not windy.
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  2. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +515 / 0
    And they are just waiting for that weather to bust out!!!

[IMG]
    Lugan likes this.
  3. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    I've encountered more ticks over here than snakes.
  4. Rick Sharp Member

West Richland, WA 99353
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Ticks are really bad this year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Joe Goodfellow Active Member

DES moines wa
    Ratings: +109 / 0
    Dang did you see that or is that a pic from the web?
  6. obiwankanobi Active Member

Ratings: +98 / 0
    That pic was taken at Coffeepot and is the culvert right next to the campground.
  7. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +515 / 0
    :eek: Gawd no! .... wouldnt catch me near there, its from the web and I believe somewhere down south...az or tex. Crew was working on a highway road culvert and needed to clean it out or something and they got a huge surprise :eek: ....and those are DB's and we dont have them up here (i hope).
  8. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,267 / 0
    We have diamondbacks. Plenty. My biggest killed was six foot two and as big as my forearm.
  9. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +682 / 0
    You know the rules ... show me the picture !!!!!!
  10. Billy McFly Active Member

Edmonds WA
    Ratings: +63 / 0

The upper coffee pot campground on the Henry's Fork??

Found It! never :rolleyes: mind

So hows the fishing there?- Can I fish from the bank/wade? How's the little creek between lower Twin and coffee pot lakes?? I dont want anyones secrets just curious. Looks like a good area to camp-fish minus the snakes :eek:
  11. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,267 / 0
    There IS a pic somewhere. Maybe on my dads pc.
  12. Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +236 / 0
    The area is very "snaky". I have found snakes there last spring when we had a warm day. If your bored with snakes there were also plenty of ticks. Ah, springtime in the land of sage and sun!

I don't like snakes on land, but the thought of a swimming rattlesnake while in a float tube just gives me the chills.

My dog pissed on a rattlesnake when he was a pup. The snake just left the neighborhood (what would you do??). I suspect next time he might not be so lucky.
  13. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +205 / 0
    Vladimir:

Like the attitude, piss on them! Isn't there a joke about be bitten in a certain spot - "You're gonna die." If you don't like snake, ticks, scorpions & black widows, stay on the west side. All part of the experience. That is why I posted on the "tick twister".
    Alex MacDonald likes this.
  14. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    It's getting to where I can't go anywhere out of the city limits without picking up a tick.
  15. Cruik Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    I was out fishing with my dog in the basin weekend before last. Between us, we picked up about 25 ticks. I would have to agree that this might be a bad year for them. I don't even want to think about what it would have been like if I was wearing just a t-shirt instead of a jacket over everything.
  16. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +682 / 0
    Here on the westside, we are infested with Liberals , They are like a blood sucking tick that goes for your wallet!!!
    Alex MacDonald likes this.
  17. Cruik Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    Yikes. I guess rattlers aren't the only things in this thread that are venomous. Except, the rattlers only strike when they're provoked! Downright cold-blooded.
  18. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +727 / 1
    That culvert full of snakes would have been a sight to see...from a distance.

And, I think this is going to be an exceptionally bad year for ticks. My wife and I found a couple on our clothes after a short hike along the Deschutes at the Deschutes River campground at Biggs OR last weekend... and we stayed on the trail for the most part. She took some pictures of rabbits and ended up deleting the files because upon closer look, they were covered with those nasty damn things. I'd much rather deal with rattlesnakes than ticks... can't say the same about liberals :D.

I will be using the high dose DEET this spring, wearing waders no matter how frigging hot it gets and doing a thorough tick search before going in to the camper.
  19. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +886 / 0
    Ticks are great fun in the microwave:D Kinda like popcorn! I haven't found a nuker big enough to stuff a liberal in though:p
  20. luv2fly2 Active Member

.othello
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    bill, ticks are attracted to body odor. lol , and the creek that flows into coffeepot is closed year around even when it is dry. and no there is no culvert close to the coffeepot campground. however i had a rattler crawl thru camp last year about dark. mike w