Bass/Carp Fishing in October?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by ak_powder_monkey, Oct 5, 2012.

1. ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Eagle River, Alaska
    Ratings: +111 / 0
    Is it worth it to bass fish around the columbia in side channels and ponds and such this late in the year or is it too cold for them? And advise? I like catching bass!
  2. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +37 / 0
    No its not to late I am still catching bass, I have been doing a bit of bass fishing ealier this week just fish leeches and a little slow
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,237 / 9
    You are not hot spotting our waters are ya monkey?
  4. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +635 / 0
    It's starting to get pretty slow. Last week I fished a pond that I know very well and only managed one fish in about 2 hours. The same pond in the summer produces somewhere in the range a 4-6 fish per hour.
  5. Shawn West Active Member

Vancouver,Washington
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    A friend and I fished two different lakes in the Dalles area. I managed to catch three fish. All fish were in the 9 1/2" range. No smallies:(...a perch, a LMB, and a crappie. I suspect the smallies are deeper. My buddy did not even get a love tap. I will need to slow down my presentation the next time I get out. I have done pretty well the past couple of Octobers. I hope to get out at least one more time this year.

Shawn
  6. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +635 / 0
    I'm thinking of trying to deep troll some big streamers instead of my usual casting around cover.