Bass Fishing Lake Recommendations

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by tflatso, Sep 6, 2007.

1. tflatso Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hay,

Any recommendations on good to great bass fishing lakes on the fly? I live in the Seattle area and have not found a really great bass fishing location yet. The lakes I do fish have lots of little bass. Where are the big ones (12" and larger)? And, how long into the fall do they produce regularly?
  2. Scott Keith Member

Arlington, WA
    I've fished the south end of lake sammamish with good results, right where Issaquah Creek flows into the lake. 3.5 to 5.5lb Smallies... this was however on gear (I've reformed since then..) I'd use black wooly buggers in the size 10 range. There are lampreys in Issquah creek that the bass love to eat. In my experience Sammamish offers a wide range of species to catch, although a boat or float tube helps.

Scott
  3. ral Rich Layendecker

.Redmond WA
    Try washingtonlakes.com for bass lakes fishing information.
  4. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,616 / 2
    cottage lake over by woodinville and lone lake are the two top bass lakes that i'm aware of
  5. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    Lake Washington Is full of big smallmouths and bucketmouths and doesn't get a lot of pressure. A boat of some sort helps. :cool:
  6. Kyle Halmrast New Member

Seattle, WA
    My buddies and I just got back from the San Juan Islands (where we try to go every fall) to fish for largemouth on the fly in Sportsman's lake. I know it can be a haul to get there but the fall fishing is pretty darn good. There are regularly 8-10 inchers, but over this two day period we caught several 12-18 inchers as well. Ah, there's nothing like nice fish caught on poppers in a very beautiful setting. Fishing is at its best in the evening and into dusk. In fact, we finned back to the lauch after dark both nights.

Two of us used float tubes and one a pontoon to get around. As its not a terribly big lake, it's navigatable either way.
  7. Brad Niemeyer Old School Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    There are a number of good lakes in king and snohomish county that have bigger bass (up to about six pounds). These are small lakes that can't stand alot of fishing pressure:ray1:. Check out washington lakes.com and look for lakes that have limited boat access. Hike in lakes are even better.

Since its already been mentioned I will second the recommendation on cottage lake. I landed a 5 pounder and a two pounder this spring (before the weeds took over). I've heard it gets good again when the weeds die back.;)

Attached Files:

8. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Those lakes you are fishing and catching small bass in also have some big boys in them but they are not as easy to catch since they are older and wiser.