Bass Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Nick Riggs, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Nick Riggs

Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

So far the only one to not send in flies is Cam09, but that isn't a problem. Anyhoo, every set of flies that I've got looks flawless, I am absolutely in love with all of them. One slight problem though, I have tied a pattern that looks similar to Cameron Derbyshire's. I tied a crawdad and it looks mighty like his, which you can see in his gallery. Now, since I have time and the flies, I was wondering if you boys would like me to tie up a different pattern? I know that the purpose of a fly swap is to diversify your fly box and I don't think that it would be fair to send out 2 similar patterns. So if anyone has thoughts on the situation, post something, I would be more than happy to re-tie my pattern, it would pose absolutely no problem for me. Thank you.

2. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

That would spoil the fun of seeing which one catches more fish and thus the chance to redicule the loser. Kidding of course. Whatever pleases you will be fine with me.

Randy

3. Cameron Derbyshire

Cameron Derbyshire Steelhead, Classic Atlantic salmon flies

I could always use more crawdad patterns. I have plenty of willing smallmouth to try them on.

4. Nick Riggs

Alright then, Crawdad it is.

5. Cam09

Cam09 Member

Hey guys the flies are all packaged up ready to be sent out in the morning, cant wait to see what you all tied. hope everyone is having a good easter day.

6. Nick Riggs

Cam09, I haven't got your flies yet but, get this, the last time I saw the mail-lady, she was broken down on the side of the road. So her 1940's mail carrying jeep may have something to do with it. I look forward to sending you all your prizes. And, yes, easter day was good, thanks for asking.

7. Nick Riggs

All The flies are in now and they will be on the way back out to you guys tomorrow. BTW, every one of them looks great.

8. Nick Riggs

O.K., They're finally in the mail. Sorry it took so long, I have strep throat and an ulcer. I have never been this busy in my life, senior year of high school, applying to college, working, doctor visits, finishing AP classes, doing fly swaps, taking care of my mom (surgery), and Grandma (broken foot) are wearing me down. I posted all the pictures of the flies, they're in my member gallery, i'm going to get a fly swap gallery for them later though. Hedburner, I need your address because I lost it already. I'm really sorry this took so long.

9. Anyfish

Anyfish Fishing with the kids

No worries from me. Take care of yourself and family.

10. Cam09

Cam09 Member

Hey got the flies in today they all look great:thumb: thanks to everyone in the swap and a speical thanks to AbsoluteHog for putting on the swap. hope you all have a great day on the opener this weekend and maybe even catch a fish or two:confused:

11. hedburner

hedburner Member

Got the fly's today. Great looking stuff. Probably will be buying some more stuff to copy all these, don't want to use the oringinals. I have a feeling that those crawdad flies are going to work on some 20 inch early July searuns. Thanks to everyone who did this, and thanks to the swapmaster for hosting a bass fly swap.:thumb:

12. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

Great flies. Thanks guys.

Randy

13. Nick Riggs

O.k. guys, one last thing... When any of you catch some sweet bass on any of the flies from the swap, you have to post something saying so. Post any pictures if available too please.

14. Nick Riggs

I assaulted lake loma with bass fly swap flies in tow. I got there kind of late, so there wasn't alot of time, but Anyfish's perch clouser performed admirably, taking down 4 bass (2 in the boat) and 1 trout, and Randy Knapp's Gurgle Pop fooled 2 bass into my boat. Very nice work, kudos on the flies, i'll post more when I know more.

15. Nick Riggs

Is it me, or is it wierd that the perch clouser caught a trout?

16. Anyfish

Anyfish Fishing with the kids

It doesn't surprise me that the perch fly caught a trout. Clousers work great for all species. I have yet to hit a lake for bass. I think I will this weekend.

I will post if I hook up.

Chris

17. Nick Riggs

I just thought it was wierd because those flies were big, and the trout was caught on the shoreline, in the lily pads. Like a bass.