Bass Timing

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by Egg Sucker, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Egg Sucker Certified Trout Ninja

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    What's the trick to catching bass this time of year? Is morning better than night, or is the reverse true? Large or small flies? How does the warmer water affect their feeding habits? Any help would be great, as I'm trying to diversify my fishing options. Thanks in advance.
  2. Bluegill kid I may be young but I can catch fish

Lacenter,Washington
    Well this time of the year the bass fishing will really be warming up. They will or should be spawning around now and all you will really need to do is find them in there spawning beds and toss almost any bass bug at them. I dont know that much on bass but if you want to go after the monsters, You may want to think about going after dark and tossing a big black bunny leach or a deer hair mouse.
    Thats all I really know on bass I hope it helps
  3. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +140 / 0
    Well around my area the spawn has been over some time. The largies in the lakes around here you can expect to see start moving into the shallows sometimes in late March. But as a general rule around here April and May are the months for the big ones. From June on through early September it is going to be as a rule early and late in the day. That being said it is also the best time to get them on top. I use large foam chuggers in either green or yellow. In September when things start to cool then you will again see the larger females in looking to put on some winter weight. I've been out a couple of times the last week and have had the entire lake to myself so go get em and good luck !!!!:thumb:
  4. Rory McMahon Active Member

lynnwood
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Right now, the bass are in summer mode. Look for them around shade areas. I.E. docks, lily pads, fallen trees. Topwater is good in the morning and at sunset.
  5. Egg Sucker Certified Trout Ninja

Silverdale, WA
    Thanks for the info!
  6. seanengman Trout have no politics

davenport, wa
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Last week I caught a whopper on the Snake River (4"). Yup that's got to be the second largest bass I have ever caught. Any way when I am down there me and my buds usually fish for bass out of the mouth of some nameless creek. Mind you I have never really fished with a fly rod because I just learned, but nonetheless they were hitting chartreus 1/8 ounce jigs and marabous in early late April early May and started to hit the top water stuff around the beginning of June in the evenings and mornings. Good luck bass are everywhere.

Sean