Bass

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Stonefish, May 18, 2008.

1. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Decided to stay local this weekend. I hit a local lake looking for some bass action. Ended up landing 9 largemouth and one smallmouth. Largemouth ran between 15 and 19 inches. Smallie went 14".

Caught fish in both the pre spawn and spawn mode today. Saw some hog females swimming in the shallows but couldn't get hookups. They had something else on their minds.
    Flies that worked well today were the foam tail chami leech, olive bunny leech, New Age Chenille worm and foam tail Cactus Chenille worm.
    It was a nice day on the water versus the yard work I should have been doing.
  2. Nice. Gotta tie some of that stuff up.
  3. Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Right on, dude! I wish the bass in my favorite pond were that big.
    -Ethan
  4. Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Bremerton, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Well done Brian.
  5. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Nice ties, nice fishes too!!!
  6. Chicotello Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Kicking Bass!

Really liking those worm patterns...we're you fishing them right on the bottom?

:beer2:
  7. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Chicotello,
    I like to cast them up under docks and let them drop.
    I've also had really good success actually casting them up onto the docks, then stripping them in until it just drops off the edge. This works best on docks that are flush with the water. It seems to drive some bass crazy. They are looking up and as soon as the worm hits the water they'll rush out and inhale it or hit it on the fall. I had one bass last year damn near knock itself out it hit the dock so hard when it missed the worm.
    I will also toss them onto beds and twitch them back along the bottom shaky style.
    Brian