Batson Industries out of business?

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by shgrier, Jun 12, 2005.

1. shgrier

shgrier Hooker of ducks

Home Page:
    I went looking for a blank for a project I've got for a buddy at work, and was looking on Greg's Custom Rod, and Shoeff's websites. Looking at their Rainshadow RX8 blanks - both sites said the blanks were unavailable. So I was sniffing around some of the other rod boards, and ended up on the Mudhole - well they had a special on the blanks saying that the company was out of business bawling: , and they were clearing out their stock. Needless to say, their selection was sparse, but I did pick up 3 of their 3pc 5wt 9' blanks.

So does anyone know the skinny on Batson - are they out of business? Are they planning a comeback? They sure were good blanks for the price.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

2. FlyShopKristin

FlyShopKristin Going Online

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hey Sean - No worries, Batson Enterprises is definitely still in business!!

It's Cascade Composites that's gone out of business. They were the original manufacturers for Batson of the RX7 / RX8 models of Rainshadows blanks. The Rainshadow RX7 and RX8 and Forecast lines of rods are now made overseas, so the closeouts that you saw online are for the last of the CC made blanks. Within the last year, Batson introduced out a new line of rods (RX7+ and RX8+) - these are made within the US. (BTW - these are a sweet line of rods, I really like the RX7+)

Now, to shamelessly plug the shop :D - the Rainshadow crew (including Bill Batson) will be at our one year anniversary event this coming saturday. You can read the full details in the events section of the forum. The Batson gang will have a full range of finished blanks available for test casting.

3. shgrier

shgrier Hooker of ducks

Home Page:
    Thanks, Kristin.

I definitely try to stop by on Saturday! :beer2:

Sean

4. Banzai

Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Definitely still in business. I'm currently enrolled in a rod building class at Mick's Utmost Enterprises shop in Sequim. I'm constructing a 13' 8/9 wt Spey rod and a 3 wt 5' bush rod. Will post pics as available.