Beach fishing opportunities for Coho - from Port Angeles to

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Surf_Candy, Aug 29, 2002.

1. I have yet to drive to Neah Bay - on a recent trip along the straits to Seiku did not find much fishable water at the campgrounds and parks that was either too shallow or had kelp in the way. Any suggestions appreciated - I'm tired of of the sparse coho action in Area 9, want to meet them out further along the straits.

Thanks

Jim W

2. Beach fishing opportunities for Coho - from Port Angele

there is an article in STS about light line fishing for salmon and they feature this spot that I think was called Cave Point. And from the photo it looked quite choice.

But kelp is supposed to be a good thing. How can you say it was in the way? Maybe you were just fishing too low a tide?

3. Beach fishing opportunities for Coho - from Port Angele

TightLoops,
    That's a good point...the kelp was tight from the rocks/beach out - so there was no water on the shore side of the kelp. The drop off might have been too steep close to shore to get water behind the kelp at all....

thanks for the STS article heads up - I'll check into it.

Jim

4. Beach fishing opportunities for Coho - from Port Angele

Its actually Seiku Point and the Cave Rocks area.

Looks very nice on the shoreline photos.

5. Beach fishing opportunities for Coho - from Port Angele

hey surf candy the ediz hook jettie in P.A. is supposed to be the ticket, but have never fished it from the jettie but is definetly place I will try to make it out here in the next week. right in front of the coast guard station also.

6. Beach fishing opportunities for Coho - from Port Angele

I have had good luck fishing off the beach below Fort Flaglerin the past. This was before I was born again into fly fishing, but it should be doable with flies also. Let us know how you do!

Jeff