Beach Snook

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Only On A Fly, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Only On A Fly Active Member

Florida
    Ratings: +26 / 0
    There's still a good amount of Snook along the beach's. 1 Snook.JPG Beach.JPG Sept 1st.JPG
  2. Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

Des Moines
    Ratings: +856 / 0
    sweet, Ill head out tomorrow:)
  3. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,101 / 1
    Sorry I missed you when I was out there, all mine were dock light snook and one shot on the flat. I did have fun with my black fin, some albies and a tile fish though. Although I know it is weird, I also got a kick out of catch pork belly after pork belly, ask Martin about it, I imagine he is still shaking his head.
  4. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +406 / 0
    Those are really nice snook! I'd love to get one on a fly rod. Last April I had a decent snook chase my fly into the beach at Boca Grande, but no take.
  5. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +791 / 1
    I'll bet those were a hoot! Looks a bit lonely there, excessive serenity... how do you cope ;). Thanks for sharing some pictures from the opposite coast.
  6. Patrick Allen Active Member

Bothell,WA
    Ratings: +177 / 0
    Think I could make it there and back before work on Tuesday! I am envious of the fishing you have on the southern east coast. Then again I would miss our cold and wet Steelhead season
  7. Only On A Fly Active Member

Florida
    I'd rather Steelhead any day
  8. Tony James Member

Oakbrook, WA
    Ratings: +17 / 0
    Just flew home from Florida on Friday. I'd love to learn that water - very nice!
  9. johnnyrockfish Member

Kitsap County, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    ;) snook vs steelhead...that'd be a good reality show
  10. Only On A Fly Active Member

Florida
    image.jpg
    This was the other day 25#'s.

Steelhead fight harder are prettier & are in nicer surronding's.
  11. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,101 / 1
    I think the grass is always greener. I think Snook are beautiful, but I've caught far fewer of them then I have of steelhead (don't get me wrong, I think each steelhead I catch is gorgeous as well) and I imagine after a few hundred I'd be up for something new. And that is where you have us. Our ability to catch multiple, multiple species that fight hard hard hard pales in comparison to what Florida has to offer. Heck your junk Bonita at 6 lbs could kick a 10 lb stellhead's butt all day long!
  12. Only On A Fly Active Member

Florida
    I'm from NY & been here 10 years. I'd move back in a heart beat or anywhere I can catch Trout & Steelhead.
  13. Metalonthefly Member

Too far from my favorite river
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Let's just all be sure take care of the fisheries on both coasts so our kids can have this same debate in 30 years!!!
  14. Chris Bentsen Member

Sammamish, wa, USA.
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Nice snook. Go to see. I used to live in Florida and fish the beaches in the summer for snook.
    Chris