Beaver Lake Trip Plant

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Lex Story, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

Media:
    Lex, I got into 5 more after you left. I got off the water about 12:30. That Carey and a six pack did the trick nicely. I took my biggest home, a solid 19" fish that clocked in at 3.5 lbs when I got it home. That fish went airborne 4 times for me, the first jump coming about 4 feet out of the water. I lost 3 more and had a few missed hookups. 1 fish I lost at the net, breaking my 3x tippet off with the Carey planted firmly in its mouth. I eyeballed that fish to be over 20". It was great to fish with you today, we should definitely do it again sometime.

Patrick Gould likes this.
  2. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

Media:
    Way to go Gary. Pics?

3. Gary Knowels

Media:
    No pics, I didn't feel like pulling the cell phone out to snap some today. I can take a pic of the gutted and beheaded fish when i get back home if you want....

jjcheng, Patrick Gould and Lex Story like this.
  4. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

No need for the carcass shot! Dead meat just ain't photogenic. Even Lady Gaga can't make it look good.:confused:

Sounds like some good fun bendo action, Gary. Love it when they jump like that.
    Hey, at least now we know what a 19"er weighs in at. I know that at least one of the trout I LDR'd on another lake was about that size.

Someone told me today that an 18"er they got was 3# even. So that fat 18"er that towed me around on Monday was a 3#er!

Are those Beaver plants Triploids? I couldn't find any info on whether or not the larger Narwhalsawzall planters were Trips. Whatever their origin, they are hard fighting Rainbows.

5. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    Jim,
    Not triploids in Nahwatzel from what I've been told multiple times. At least not the fish from Satsop Springs. Thank god for that!
    Some of the best looking and fighting plants in the state due to being raised in a big pond rather then a concrete tank.

6. Gary Knowels

Media:
    The Beaver lake fish are trips. This fish was FAT. Not streamlined and athletic like river fish or even many non-trip larger fish I've caught, but broad shouldered with a huge belly.

Before yesterday, I'd yet to get my 380-6 CT wet so I decided I'd string it up and see how it fished. I fished a type III full sink on it and had a blast catching fish that size on it. That 19"er put one hell of a bend on it!

Lex Story likes this.
  7. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Those Satsop Springs trout are fat, too. When they jump, they often land with a loud "splat!"

My 385-4 CT was in Troutdale, OR yesterday, and my LL Bean Pocket Water reel was in Renton. Both should arrive here today!

8. Top in my class

Top in my class Member

Media:
    Has anybody been out there lately?? Thinking about going to Beaver lake in the next couple days with some friends.
    Thanks