Beaver Lake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Lex Story, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Lex Story Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek

Issaquah, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +46 / 0
    Might head out to Beaver Lake on Wednesday evening and take a few Triploids from the Tuesday planting. Anyone else here thinking of doing the same?

-Lex
  2. Dehlan G Member

UW
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Sounds fun. Might see you out there this week. I will be in red Scadden pontoon)
  3. Tracy Lauricella Active Member

Lakewood, WA
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    I'm sure I'll be there Saturday, and several days before work next week at sunrise. :)
  4. Jeff Cheng Jeff Cheng

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Any reports yet? I was planning on going Thursday afternoon. Really need some fishing action...
  5. Lex Story Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek

The planting schedule is on Tuesday (today). I'll post a report on Wednesday. Heck just go fish it and
    Know firsthand what its fishing like... I'm hoping to try it before work tomorrow.
  6. Baseball_Junkie Fish Witcher

Graham, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'll be out the with a buddy tomorrow afternoon/eve. Be in a blue glass mini drifter. Wife just named it..."The Frequent Flyer". Come say hi.

Aaron

Btw, never been there before, any body got easy directions to the launch? Thx
  7. cpjm New Member

Issaquah, Wa
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    It's on the east side of the lake (straight across from the park) on East Beaver Lake Dr, about half a block north of SE 26th St (Google map it). Parking lot/launch closes at dusk and you will need the Discovery parking permit.
  8. fishues fishin fool

tacoma
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Kicked ass out there today, saw a couple of other folks doing the same. Get out there!
  9. Baseball_Junkie Fish Witcher

Graham, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    What time do they open the gate to the launch in the morning?
  10. Lex Story Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek

Got to the lake only to discover a audible leak in the float tube.
    Will try again tomorrow morning. Might be time to get a new float craft.
  11. Jeff Cheng Jeff Cheng

Issaquah, WA
    I think i'm going to be out there around 2pm. any tips? I'll be in a green pontoon, come say hi. Also if you see someone who's bad a casting, that would also be me...haha pretty new at all of this still

Jeff
  12. pirate Member

Seattle, WA
    would love to go but don't have a float tube or fins =( is bank fishing possible at beaver lake?
  13. kylesw Member

Keyport, WA
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    There's a few feet of bank at the boat launch but that's about it
  14. Jeff Cheng Jeff Cheng

Issaquah, WA
    There is also bank at the park that is directly across the lake from the boat launch but there are a lot of tree over hang.
  15. Tracy Lauricella Active Member

Lakewood, WA
    I went out there today in my drift boat. Fishing was great for everyone else on the lake, but not me. I don't know how I can get skunked when they just planted 2300+ fish, but I managed. One gent in a float tube fishing right next to me caught and released 6 or more using a sinking line and wooly bugger. I fished the same setup and got squat. I didn't see anyone go home empty handed, but I didn't have any luck at all.

Very frustrating day, not exactly a confidence builder. The crowds were not bad though. Probably due to the rain- I wound up having to bail about an inch and a half of water out of the bottom of the boat just from rain. I managed to even soak through my raingear.

The crowning event of the day was trying to load the driftboat. Normally not a difficult process, but one jerk on the bank decided to set up his chair right at the boat ramp and cast his line out across it. Every time a boat came up, he'd walk back up the hill, but leave his line in the water, right over the boat launch area. Since I was alone today, it meant I had to park the driftboat on the bank, then try and back the trailer down next to it. Since I was trying to avoid this guys chair, it made for very little room. I should have just picked up his stuff and chucked it out in the lake.
  16. kvannice Member

shoreline wa
    I think the guy in the float tube name is Jeff I have seen him before on beaver he was there Saturday and was hooking up over and over I got the skunk. The place was a zoo one guy in a raft was trolling ran in to me I was anchored up with my back too him then he moved and cut off Jeff in his float tube it was time for me go home
  17. Tracy Lauricella Active Member

Lakewood, WA
    I think that's what he said his name was. He definitely had things dialed in. What time did you leave?

Someone actually ran into you? What kind of craft were you in? Jeff mentioned there was some guy that had cast his line out and blocked him earlier. He also pointed out a guy that had caught & kept fish earlier, left and came back to catch more.

I don't know what I was doing differently than Jeff- but there was definitely a difference. He was getting hit after hit, and I was getting squat. Both on the same stretch of water, both using sinking lines with black wooly buggers. I tried to match his retrieve and depth (he was very friendly and willing to let me know what he was doing.)

Dunno. If I can get up early enough tomorrow, I plan to take my float tube out there before work in the morning. Maybe I'll have better luck this time.
  18. Lex Story Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek

I was using JJ specials and fluorescent yellow wooley buggers and was able to hook up by stripping it in away from the bank. My trolling technique with a black or olive bugger was yielding squat. A few times I had hung up on the bottom from letting it sink too far down, but that's where I was finding them.
  19. Tracy Lauricella Active Member

Lakewood, WA
    I got a hook up this morning with a black wooly bugger, but I was too gentle with my hookset and it came unpinned before I could get it to the float tube.

There's always tomorrow...
  20. kvannice Member

shoreline wa
    I was in a springcreek pram and bugged out about noon. Jeff has always been cool and helpful