Beaverhead Update

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jim Darden, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Jim Darden Active Member

Bellingham, Wa.
    Ratings: +214 / 0
    Moved from the Mid Canon on the Missouri to Dillon to fish the Beaverhead. Dillon is a great town with just the right balance of services and small town friendliness. Had a great meal at Sparky's with the best corn bread in the country. Hit Poindexter first, didn't leave any sore lips but did improve the morale of the fish population. Left the fish laughing at my presentations......(you think I'm gonna take that!) Moved on upstream where there are dumber fish. Caught lots of browns and very few rainbows, (but they were bigger). A bad day fishing here is the best day you will have back home! There are some huge browns in this stream but 20" is about the best I can do here although I have seen some in the 5-10 lb category. For you lake fishermen, Clark Canyon is fishing well with chironimids. The smoke is moving in here too. Don't know where you can go in the state to avoid it.
  2. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +396 / 0
    Sounds like you didn't have too much cloud cover, otherwise you would have probably tag'd a few of those bigger browns.

"A bad day fishing here is the best day you will have back home!", but isn't that true (for the most part) when it comes to brownie fishing over here. :p