Beckler and rapid/raging rivers?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Scaryfisher, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Scaryfisher

Scaryfisher New Member

I have a question that some of you might be able to answer... I am becoming very familiar with the Beckler river and have been doing quite well there. Now there is a river that runs into the Beckler about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile after the paved road ends. It is not labeled and as far as I can remember it is the Rapid or the Raging river.. (I dont have a map that shows it) I think that cantcatchem told me about it or it was the guys at Swedes.. I cannot remember.. Can anyone help me with this delema? The river looks good and can see quite a few larger fish 12-16 inches in there. But didnt dare fish it because wasnt quite sure of the name of the river. I should probably spring for a good map but the funds arent doing to well right now. Getting ready to get underway again and have been putting allot of money into getting myself ready. Thanks, Darren

2. skyriver

skyriver Member

Media:
    That's the Rapid. The Raging is the little river that dumps into the Snoqualmie at Falls City. The Rapid should be open until October. I would be surprised that there are "many" 16" fish. But, you never know! Have fun.

3. guest

guest Guest

Good to hear from you again. Thought maybe you shipped out. The river in question is the Rapid. Have fished it many times and the biggest fish I have caught was 12". I fished the upper Sauk last week,caught many fish but they were on the small side. I also fished the North Fork of the Sauk. My favorite hole had nothing but small fish in it. 5" to 6". We ought to get together some time and fish. Jim S.

4. Scaryfisher

Scaryfisher New Member

We are heading up to that area on Sunday 04Aug. There will probably be four of us fishing around so if you want to come up and join us you are more than welcome. You can email me at bench25@earthlink.net Darren

5. Scaryfisher

Scaryfisher New Member

Thank you Gentlemen. I appreciate your help on these matters.. My time here is growing short and I am trying to get as much fishing in as I can.. I dont know when the next time I will be able to go but probably not until they open again in Jun2003.

6. guest

guest Guest

Went there today.Started out on the N/Fork of the Sky. Drove over Jacks Pass and fished the Rapid River. Caught one fish on the Rapid. First cast then nothing. I guess that the holes will let you have one fish then they cut you off. Didn't fish the Beckler but I did the Tye. No fish as usual. I think that they ought to call the Rapid the Slow Rapid. Boy it don't move to fast right now.