Beda lake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Gary Thompson, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Beda lake has some big trout in it.
    Sharon and I went out on Saturday afternoon, and were disappointed in the fishing.
    The lake is teaming with pumpkin seed sun fish.
    We saw four really nice trout and brought two to the boat, saw one really, really nice bass and was able to get him to look my leach over, but no take.
    The trout we brought to the boat were not very fat (see pic)
    We left Beda and went over to RF and caught 3 or 4 fat RB's each.
    The RF trout were feeding like mad on some really tiny little emergers ?. We took two on dries, a couple on scuds, and a couple on glo-bugs.
    The high lite was the beaver shot.

2. Dave Hartman

Dave Hartman is tired of trout

Media:
    "Mmmm. . .nice beaver"
    "Thanks, just had it mounted."
    Naked Gun.

3. MosesLakeGuzman

MosesLakeGuzman New Member

Home Page:
    The biologist was saying that they don't have much carryover in that lake. I say they need to rehab the lake.

4. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

MLG:

Not sure I quit understand. If there isn't much carry over, what good is rehabbing? That would pretty much put it in the put & take category, right?

Just my opinion.

MB

5. WT

WT Member

Those lakes out there are so cyclical I sometimes wonder if they should be managed for trout at all.
    WT

6. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I first fished Beda this spring around the first of April. Not "April Fools" joke.
    The lake had been stocked in late summer/fall of 06 with fingerlings, RB's, Browns, and Tigers.
    There were a few small RB's caught.
    We went back out again a week later and caught a few more small RB's and lost a good fish LDR.
    Went back after the TRB plant and caught only one TRB 5 or 6 carry overs in the 16" to 20", one LDR big fish, and many small RB's. Talked to guy that said he had a 20 plus fish day.
    We have fished it twice sense the weather has warmed and only caught a couple RB's of good size.
    I think the pumpkin seeds are screwing up the trout fishing.
    We have caught many pumpkins and I think the trout don't have a chance to get to my fly no matter how big it is.
    When the trout see the pumpkin refuse the fly the trout aren't going to bite either.
    Plus the millions of pumpkin seeds are eating all the trout food.
    Fish management? who knows????

7. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    IMHO, the major problem with Beda is poaching. Until and unless WDFW begins actively and continually enforcing regulations there, our Hispanic friends will continue to haul out newly-planted fish by the 5-gallon bucketloads.

K

8. DKL

DKL Nude to the board

Media:
    I have to agree with the poaching opinion. I was there in April, I believe shortly after the Triploid plant (fishing was quite good BTW). There were a couple of poachers there that I tried to report. Filled a plastic shopping bag up with fish that I was told by another fisherman were caught on rooster tails. However, these two appeared to be from Eastern Europe.

DKL

9. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Media:
    Monday through Thursday open season with no limit !!!

10. scottflycst

scottflycst Active Member

Gary,
    Thanks for the report. Was over on your side the past few days and thought about visiting Beda but headed up the Methow instead. Haven't had enough stream fishin' to satisfy me yet.
    Scott

11. jasmillo

jasmillo Member

whoa....hold-up, wait a second......Supremacist I think that fits you well- our "Hispanic" friends......:mad:

I'm just kidding of course!!!!!! I am actually of Hispanic descent (I am a "Quarter Rican":thumb: ) among many other things (I am a certifiable mutt) and I am just attempting to be overly sensitive and PC :ray1: .

However, I do think that poaching tends to be a big issue with recent immigrants to this country. On the east coast, the problem with poaching comes from Russian immigrants. I don't know how many times I came across Russians poaching on the Farmington River in Connecticut. You could always spot them.....using saltwater rods in the upper Farmington which is a pretty small river.

The strangest part about it, is that they use the 5 gallon buckets to. Must be the poacher accessory of choice.