Beginners

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    Ron,
    Mine will be in the mail by Friday morning at the latest.
    Looks like I'm in a race for "last in" with Flip!

Jimbo
  2. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Jimbo,

If Flip beats you in you'll never live it down. Looking forward to seeing everyones flies. So far there is a nice assortment, a little something for everyone.

REE
  3. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    In by e-mail from Flip. He has been in Montana fishing for the last month and will only be in the area for three days before moving to Alaska. He is basically out of the swap. I'll do one of two things with the extra flies, divy them up among the swap members as best I can or keep them and fish them. Your choice, let me know.

REE
  4. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Ron

keep the extras adn fish them
  5. Griswald a.k.a. Griswald

Vashon Island, Wa.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Ron,
    My vote is for you to keep the extra's (you can keep my extra's for your effort)

My just went into the mail this morning. They are G.R.Beadhead hare's ears-size 14.
    Thanks again for organizing this swap! I apologize if some of my flies are not great, but I have a new 1 month old son and also a 2 and a half year old son, so time is tight! But I love these swaps.

Griswald
    :thumb
  6. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Grizz and Gris,

Thanks for the votes.

Griswald, how do you have time to do anything witih those two crumb snatchers running you ragged. So when are you gonna put a fly rod in their hands?

Just Learning's flies arrived this afternoon, as did another package with no screen name on it. If you tied Maggie's Orphan, let me know. Great looking fly of his/her own invention I think.

REE
  7. Chris Stokesbary Member

Issaquah, WA.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    You keep extras!!!

I ran out of time, so I only had one extra in for you instead of two, so this just makes up for that. ; )

Toe tagging #20 Midge Clusters right now, then walking over to the p.o.

edit: btw, one of these just blew the skunk off for me Sunday morning on Blanca Lake.
  8. LadyBug New Member

Bothell, WA.
    I vote that you keep any extra and put them to good use!

LB

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you.
  9. Dylan D Member

West Seattle
    REE -
    The orphan was mine. I should have written the screen name on the back side of the toe-tags, I might have forgotten. Glad they got to you okay. Thanks for the swap.
  10. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Bar Fly, Those are way cool. Can't wait to send these flies out to everyone. Your gonna be soooooooo happy with the results of this swap.

REE
  11. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Flies are in from Griswald and Stokes. Fine looking flies all around. Only one is still out and we have a couple days left on the swap. Nice turn out folks.

REE