Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

being crude

16K views 193 replies 75 participants last post by  gone johnson 
#1 ·

#185 ·
I don't have a swear and ban button. I'll ask Chris for a software upgrade. He'll say no because I'm a known loose cannon who is better at my forum custodial duties than any heavy lifting. We all have our place, I'm okay with mine.

#188 ·
While I am often bored w/ the behaviors described, I'm rarely offended. As someone who, at the ripening age of 56, is entering the realm of old bastardry after decades of asinine displays; I say we cut the kids some slack and trust that they too will be appropriately appalled, down the road a piece. Figure in the law-of unintended-consequences - they've left a lasting record of their "indiscretions" for the ages, on the interweb - and their time will come. Recently I've come to a conclusion which resembles a theory of sorts. It is as follows: There's no such thing as wisdom; we're just too tired and busted up to be as stupid as we used to be.
It's all about inertia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.