Belize Bonefish Flies

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Irafly, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,050 / 1
    I'm tying for a trip to Ambergies (sp?) and I'd really like some pics of flies people know work for bones there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ira..
  2. Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Lynnwood, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Ira, I live in Lynnwood and am heading to Ambergris in February. When are you headed there? We should get together and compare fly boxes. I've been talking to Jimmy Lemert and Leland about flies, gotten a few books, bought a few flies (gotta have a guide) and tied a few so far with many more to come. Did you catch Flyfishing the World on Saturday? It was John O.Hurley fishing Turneffe flats.

Willie
  3. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,050 / 1
    I've tied up about 20 or so flies now, but it's hard to motivate me to tie something I have no confidence in. I'd love one picture of a fly from someone who has fished there, and tell me, this fly caught me bones.

I missed the episode. I tell you what, when I get back, I'll be sure to post pictures for you of our most productive patterns. That is if we catch anthing.

I leave next Wednesday, and my buddy is hooking up a full day guide for Friday.

Ira..
  4. Dave McNeese One of the OLD guys

Sheridan, Oregon
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Ira
    I don't have photo's right now, and a sample would give you a better, 3d idea anyway.
    I can tie you up a few bonefish flies that have worked for me in that area.
    Need you to pm me your address for flies.
    Thanks
    Dave McNeese