Bellingham SRC report-

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by CLO, Mar 8, 2009.

1. CLO

CLO Bonk Hatcheries

Media:
    I decided to fish off of the rocky outcroppings near Larrabee State Park today. I ended up only fishing for an hour and hooked into a small SRC. I froze my ass off so it was a very quick trip. The SRC ran about 15" and took a clouser. Strip strip pause strip strip pause. I've seen more action in the summer at this beach but it was nice actually hooking something instead of roaming the Sack for hours upon hours.

2. SmokinAces

SmokinAces Keepin' It Reel

Nice man! Yeah I feel you on the roaming the Sack for hours upon hours. Been there, done that, but still seem to keep doing it. lol

3. WaFlyCaster

WaFlyCaster Tricoptera

Media:
    Yeah you really need to watch out if you head down to this one particular beach south of larabee in the summer might catch more "action" that you'll care to see.

BTW, a day wondering on the Sack catching or not catching beats pretty much any river I live close to now. I miss that place.

4. Connor H

Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Media:
    I have a friend here in moses lake that is going to bellingham alot this spring to visit her son in the Navy. Are there any spots you might be able to tell her about?

5. CLO

CLO Bonk Hatcheries

Media:
    I would try the lakes if you're fly fishing in spring. Look into Lake Padden, Fragrance Lake, and any other lake...the rivers will be closed or unfishable due to run-off.

6. CoastalCutt

CoastalCutt Member

Media:
    CLO, nice, but a 15" SRC is by no means small. That's a very decent fish. Especially this early still.

7. Cass

Cass New Member

iagree If she does lakes than don't foget Squalicum, and if she's really up for a hike have her look up Pine and Cedar lakes in the chuckanuts; fun stuff, especially if you pack your tube!:D

8. aquaholic

aquaholic New Member

word, 15 is nice. south sound guys will spend days getting after it for one of those.

9. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

What weight rod are you using? 15" seems small on a 7 wt and up, nice on a 5!!

10. aquaholic

aquaholic New Member

the salt set up i use is a 6 weight with intermediate sinking line. works wonders for fishing baitfish patterns. a five weight would be more fun for smaller fish though.

tight lines