Bellingham swap at Boundry Bay

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Jadon Berry, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Jeremiah Baldwin New Member

WHIDBEY ISLAND
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I would prefer the 14th or 15th, but the only date I cannot do is the 16th.
    Cheers,
    Jeremiah
  2. Paul Norton Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    (a) I cannot do the 12th.
    (b) The 13th would be rather inconvenient for me.
  3. Nooksack Mac Active Member

Bellingham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +111 / 0
    I'm in, if a date is sellected that's later rather than sooner. It'll take me a while to tie them.
  4. ffb Resident Foo

Bellingham, WA
    The later the better for me as well. The 12th does not work for me as I will be commuting to Kirkland and back that day.
  5. Jadon Berry Member

Bellingham, WA
    Alright, the date is now the 15th of August at 6:00. Boundary Bay Brewery in Bellingham.

Flies must have caught fish in or around Bellingham. Let me know how you are doing and what you are tying. You can even send me a picture if you want.

Get tying!!!
  6. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,775 / 0
    I will be floating the Methow on the 15th. Y'all have a good time.
  7. Chad Lewis NEVER wonder what to do with your free time

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +153 / 0
    I'll try my best to make it. I'm not sure what I'll be doing at work that week, but if it pans out I'll tie a bunch of something and do the drive. And if I'm really last-minute before I can commit, don't worry about me getting flies. A beer will do me jus' fine.

Jeremiah, wanna carpool if I can go?
  8. Paul Norton Member

Seattle, WA
    Not sure what to tie yet, I don't actually have any patterns that meet the "must have caught fish in or around Bellingham" criteria.
  9. Jadon Berry Member

Bellingham, WA
    If you haven't fished it around Bellingham, tie something that you know will work and tell us where to fish it. It's all good. We are pretty laid back up here in Bellingham so no worries.
  10. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +507 / 2
    I would think that tying attractor patters would be a safe bet. I doubt there is anyone in Whatcom Co that hasn't caught something with a bugger, royal wulff, adams, etc. That or something green or pink for humpies or dogs.

Boring, but they work.
  11. Paul Norton Member

Seattle, WA
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'll tie either a parachute adams (in spite of the fact that you already have that in your box) or a green drake wulff.
  12. Jadon Berry Member

Bellingham, WA
    I vote for the drake. Feel free to get a bit creative with it if you want.

How is everyone else doing? I will post a pic of my fly soon. I have about 1/2 of them tied and ready to go.

What are people planning to tie?
  13. Nooksack Mac Active Member

Bellingham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +111 / 0
    I'm tying my Buzztail Chironomid, a pattern I devised to match the prolific emergences on Squalicum Lake, after conventional dries frequently left me frustrated and fishless. The plastic strip "shuck" makes a buzzing sound when being false-cast, hence the name.:rolleyes:

Jadon, how many swappers are committed -- or is the number going to keep rising until Aug. 15th? (If so, I'll just keep tying 'em until then.)
  14. Jadon Berry Member

Bellingham, WA
    The buzz tail sounds like a cool bug! I think we will wait until about the 10th of Aug. to finalize the numbers or until we get to 12 tiers. That way we have time to tie them up. It also sounds like several guys will be coming without flies so feel free to bring extras to trade for beer :beer1:ptyd

Keep the pattern decisions coming guys.

Looking forward to it!
  15. Jeremiah Baldwin New Member

WHIDBEY ISLAND
    Think I'll tie a Yellow Liquid Lace Carey Special.
    It has been a good go to searching pattern on all the lakes here on the island.

Tight lines,
    Jeremiah
  16. griffon New Member

Bellingham, WA
    Just saw this thread. Is it too late to get in on this swap. I live in Bham, drink an occasional beer and am a mediocre tyer. Any date works for me.
  17. Jadon Berry Member

Bellingham, WA
    All right! Seems that we have about 9 people tying flies and a few people buying beer.

You are more than welcome to join Griffon.

Tying:

Me
    Mozart
    Rick
    Jeremiah
    Paul
    FFB
    Bugboy
    Nooksack Mac
    Griffon

Buying:

Everyone else

Keep letting me know what you are tying. I have most of mine done already so I might tie up a few more for the people who like them.
  18. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    I too will be over in the Winthrop area that weekend, so I better drop out. Rick
  19. Jadon Berry Member

Bellingham, WA
    Rick,

If you take me to the Metow I will reschedule the swap ;)! Just kidding, I would however, choose fishing over a fly swap any day. Best of luck and we'll catch you next time!
  20. griffon New Member

Bellingham, WA
    I'll be tying up some Ferguson's green and silver flies which I've had some luck with at Whatcom County beaches.