Bellingham swap at Boundry Bay

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Jadon Berry, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Jadon Berry

Jadon Berry Member

Sounds great griffon! I've been itching to get out to the beaches this summer and I will be needing some flies to do that.

As promised, here are some pics of the foam bodied mayfly (sz. 12 scud) that has I am tying that has worked great at Squalicum Lake. Anyone else know what you are going to tie?

2. Jadon Berry

Jadon Berry Member

Ok guys, the date for the swap is approaching...please let me know your status so I can stop worrying about things. The Fly Swap Directions say that I need to keep bugging you all until I know what is going on but I don't like to do that. Looking forward to the swap!

Jadon

3. Nooksack Mac

Nooksack Mac Active Member

Jadon, I've done ten so far. Plan to tie more so that I can high-grade the selection. Not tying during this heat, but I'll be done well before the 15th.

4. Daryle Holmstrom

Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Gotta be one of the longest swaps ever;)mumbles isn't even in it and OMJ can't tie anymore can't wait to see the ties. All in jest guys

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Wish the timing would be good to meet the Bellingham/Mt. Vernon contingent DH, but generally I'm not in the 542 East area unless there is fresh powder to be poached in the Shuksan/Baker area. I hope that there will be lots of photos of the gathering and flies.

By the way, I was looking at some of the flies I've got in past swaps and there are a few in there from DH that still just amaze me!

6. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Booooooooooo to Ed.

Whatcom county is great in the summertime. You 'snowbirds' should just ride your own crappy ski hills if you are just going to come up in the winter. Nobody likes a foul-weather friend.

7. Ed Call

Ouch! There is just no better place in the winter than 542 East. To come there in the summertime means I have to pass a lot of places worthy of exploration. There are no ski hills in Kitsap County, so if I'm driving to one my first choice is through your neck of the woods. Doesn't it mean anything that I pefer a longer trip to the 542 over 2 or 512/410?

I barely know enough about fishing in Kitsap, trying to learn Whatcom from a distance and the places between here and there is just overwhelming. Who can learn it all?

Isn't a snowbird someone who has retired and moves to Florida or Arizona to avoid the wonders of the Bellingham/Baker area winters?

8. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Oh I'm just giving you crap Ed.

All are welcome at the glorious Baker. You can have my spot on the lift, I don't get to ride much these days anyway what with the job/kid/wife. And when I do have time, I tend to pick fishing over riding. But that's probably because I have far more years of riding under my belt than I do fishing.

Anyway, you should come up for the Boundary swap. The 'ham is a great place in the summer.

9. ffb

ffb Resident Foo

I feel really bad guys but I need to bow out. I just don't have the time I thought I did for this swap. I apologize.

Jon

10. Paul Norton

Paul Norton Member

You should come to the swap if you can anyway.

If you feel bad about coming empty handed, grab 12 hooks, put them in a box, and label them "no-see-um". :clown:

11. Jeremiah Baldwin

Jeremiah Baldwin New Member

Just a quick note to let you know I'm still in. Sorry, for not getting on sooner. It's been pretty heck tick lately and I haven't been online for a week or two.

Jer

12. Ed Call

Have you guys firmed up a date and time yet...not that I'm stalking your group from all the way over here in backwoods Kitsap County...

13. Jadon Berry

Jadon Berry Member

Ed,

The date is the 15th at 6:00.

FFB,

Please still come and have a beer...I love the no-see-um idea =-).

14. Paul Norton

Paul Norton Member

12 green drake wulff flies tied... check.
    Arrange for the weekend to be a 'Birch Bay' weekend... check.
    Beer money... check.
    :beer2:

15. chuckarhun99

chuckarhun99 New Member

Howdy from down in idaho.... mainly just a lurker on the site.... but Boundary Bay perked my interest! My cousin's one of the brewers there, Anthony Stone..... I'm looking a couple of growler's from a past trip up to see him. Wish I could join... that would be a the best swap I've seen..... flies and Boundary Bay Beer!!!
    Enjoy. :beer2:
    John

16. Nooksack Mac

On the question of how we're to carry our newly acquired flies home:

I suggest bringing a medium size box or ziplock bag in addition to whatever we bring our flies in to the gathering. That's in case everybody else is contributing five-inch Intruders or the like, that wouldn't fit in the little box I'll be bringing my Buzztails in. A minor, nit-picky point.

17. Jadon Berry

Jadon Berry Member

Alright guys,

The countdown is coming to an end. If you haven't yet confirmed that you have finished your patterns, please do so asap so I can stop worrying about this swap! Actually, if we didn't have any flies we would still have fun drinking beer and telling fish stories so I am not too worried. However, I would like to make it out of this swap with at least 6-8 new flies, so let me know the status. If you are like me and plan to tie them the day before, just let me know that.

Thanks,

Jadon

PS. Looking forward to the beer!

18. Nooksack Mac

I'm ready.

19. Jeremiah Baldwin

Jeremiah Baldwin New Member

I'm good to go and will be there flies in hand. The only wild card is if work throws me a curve ball. That's one of the bad things about being in the military...I can't say no if I get thrown into covering a duty. But I'm 99.999999999999% sure I will NOT get called in.

20. griffon

griffon New Member

I'll be there with flies (I'm sure someone will make a crack about that statement)