Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Berkeley 558

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Salmo_g 
#1 ·
Have an old 558 with spare spool I'm thinking of selling. Made in the USA. In pretty good shape and seems to work fine (I've never used it). Little bit of rash and only defect I can see is a small chip out of foot of reel seat. Any idea on rough worth? Will put up pics later.

#2 ·
I should add (since I've received a few msgs already) I won't ever go by Ebay pricing. Too unstable.

#3 ·
That Berkley reel series sold initially for a retail price around $20 for the 554, 556, and 558. I have a couple 556s and a 558. I think they're pretty good for inexpensive reels in comparison to what is available today. I'd guess their worth at between $20 and $30.

Sg

#8 ·
Rockthief,

Either Berkley made them or had some mold and injection shop make them for their label. Plastic spool, held on by a rubber friction band around the steel axle, graphite frame. Very light, and while they don't look like they're made for durability, I never had any trouble with mine, altho they've seen little use in the last 20 years.

Sg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.