Best Fish of 06

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by easymends, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    streamer - of course!
  2. ibn Moderator

Federal Way
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    So many great fish.

I gotta add this one, although I it was more of a end to the 2005 season fish.

Caught this wild OP hen this year in march, biggest steelhead to date, really pretty fish, so fresh and so bright, she had a metalic color to her face. I saw her move into a slot and hooked her the next cast, very memorable fish, I worked all year for this fish.

[IMG]
  3. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    Ibn, Usted es una cucaracha que apesta!
  4. Steelie Addict New Member

Kirkland WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    This is my best one of (06). Got it in late June on the Snoqualmie and couldn't top it the rest of the year.
    Steelie Addict
  5. Mulligan Stephen Mull

Seattle
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    That is a huge snoqualmie fish!
  6. otter Banned or Parked

Port Angeles, Washington
    To all -

Beautiful fish, every one! I had too few days to steal away from work this year, but I caught a few, and treasured each and all. The attachments are slightly NFR, but this is our "best of 2006", launched 17 December. 164' and stone gorgeous, built in Port Angeles, Washington, USA by an outrageously talented crew.

otter
  7. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    nice boat otter! how much $$$? who bought it?? what did you do on it?
  8. Mulligan Stephen Mull

Seattle
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    That boat is amazing. Is it a personal yacht for someone? Any outrageous amenities or is this one built for utility?
  9. otter Banned or Parked

Port Angeles, Washington

Jason -

The boat is the second in the series, hull #5002.

Base price is $30 million, then you can add what you want.

An American gentleman, and his wife, bought it for their personal use.

I sweep the floors, grease the zerks, and run this perpetual motion machine so that the the production guys and gals get what they need when they need it. My offeeshal title is V.P. Manufacturing, although I am a cabinetmaker and carpenter by trade.

otter
  10. hendersonbaylocal Member

Seattle WA

You guys have been turning some cool boats out there. Nice work!

I think even if I had the money I'd never have a boat that big, but dang... they are fun to look at. :D
  11. Chris Bentsen Member

Sammamish, wa, USA.
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Here is a nice cutthroat caught this summer on the Naches River. Enjoyed both the fish and the day drifting the river. :) Also fished the Clearwater in Feb. Very cold. Two of us caught and released five steelhead in two days.:cool:
    Chris B.

Attached Files:

12. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    nice cutt-bow and great steel!
  13. golfman65 Guest

Ratings: +5 / 0
    So many this year could be my best as I'm new to fly fishing...but my favorite for just flat out fun of fight was this chum off the Squamish that is in my avator...
  14. sedgeyen New Member

Your City ,State
    Mine was the biggest but the best photographed; a cutt from NF Clear Water in September.

Attached Files:

15. Chris DeLeone Active Member

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +90 / 0
    A Babine Hen and a St Pats day Skagit buck.

Attached Files:

16. Fish Finder Member

Up North
    These two shots are the highlights of my '06...Both fish came after what seemed like for ever and a thousand casts...ptyd I look forward to furthering my ventures down in your neck of the woods in '07...So many choices, so little time.:hmmm: :)

Finder;)

View attachment 7348

View attachment 7349
  17. Will Atlas Guest

DeLe got some luck of the irish there eh? Saab fisher, that is a pretty bright fish from the Clearwater in Feb. strong work.
  18. Riane Mouse doctor

Seattle, WA
    I can't quite decide which one is best, so I have to post three. The first, very chrome one is my first steelhead ever, she came from the Skykomish and will always be special to me- it sounds really stupid but this fish changed my life. The second one is my first Sauk fish and my biggest steelhead at 36-37 inches- I can't forget him. And the last one is my first summer run from the Skykomish on the two-hander that I built- great memory. I love the colors on this fish.

Nice thread, 2006 is etched in my mind- I'll always think steelhead when I think of it.

Attached Files:

19. Mike Danahy @#)$%# river otters!

around
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    these are my two favorites, mostly cause I caught them on consecutive casts, and I'm told the brown's probably a searun.
  20. Flyboy@ak Member

Anchorage, AK
    I fished 130 days this year, and caught really alot of fish. Here are a few of my favoriate ones I have photos of. I fish alot alone, so it is hard to get photos.

Nice Arctic Char north of Arctic Circle in August next to 8wt Sage RPL+

[IMG]

Grayling with EHC north of Arctic Circle in Brooks Range, one of hundreds caught on the dry

[IMG]

Kenai 30" Rainbow, my nicest out of probably 15 fish over 24" this year

[IMG]

Releasing a Kvichak Rainbow in late September, home of the fall Lake Illiamna monsters

[IMG]

Situk Steelhead with camera that had been dunked so many times this was the last shot the camera ever made. First time to Situk, lots of steel on.

[IMG]

Chilean Brown on a streamer caught on 6wt Sage XP

[IMG]

If you want to watch a 20 minute of my Chile trip, here it is:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7472225178532610530

Looking forward to 2007!!!!!!!!!:)