Best place to live for steelhead?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Panhandle, Oct 9, 2007.

1. wannafish In search of Blinky...

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I'd say on the OP. Maybe on the outskirts of Port Angeles or Sequim? Out towards Forks there's a lot of areas that give you that 'not in the city' sort of feeling, but maybe not always in a good way. I think anywhere on the OP is ideal to give you close range of all the famous rivers up there and also lots of little known water that still holds decent runs of wild fish. There's always an option up there when the big rivers are blown and I could have that dialed in if I lived there. Lots of public land and tree farm makes access pretty easy to tons of water. :thumb:
  2. oilslick New Member

Hillsboro, OR
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hood river's great, but if you like the small town feel, you could look at Mosier - 5 miles east of hoodriver. And the John day river is only 30 minutes away and Maupin is only about 2 hours away. Although Sandpoint seems like a pretty nice place to live. My cousin has a couple drive threw coffee stands there.
  3. greyghost Member

Coastal Rivers, OR
    I would say Bellingham, so you can follow JB around! But seriously, I would echo others and say number 1 = PDX/SWWA and number 2 = Grants Pass, OR. Anything better than those and you are leaving the country.

Pete
  4. chromeseeker Where's the Bucket?

Your City ,State Vancouver, WA
    Zen,

See my post! Southern OR is sweet.

NorCal ain't a bad choice either!

CS