Best places to chow down after a day on a river...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Billy McFly, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Billy McFly

Billy McFly Active Member

I fished the south fork of the Stilly today. On the way out we stopped in Granite Falls at a place called The BBQ Bucket. OMG!!! Outstanding grub. Amazing Burger. :)

Where do you guys stop on your way home???

2. jake-e-boy

jake-e-boy No mas

The bbq joint in Duvall that Evan does not like, or the bar in klickitat with the good steaks

3. Cole L

Cole L Fish Fiend

Alpen Burger in startup

ChaseBallard and golfman44 like this.
  4. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Fat smittys on the Peninsula on the way back to the ferry. The burger place with all the crazy chainsaw art

5. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Annie's pizza in concrete,best pizza & iced tea in the skagit watershed

KerryS and rwbailey05 like this.
  6. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

7. Stew McLeod

Stew McLeod aka BigMac

The Pour House, North Bend

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Rosetime likes this.
  8. Billy McFly

Hey bennysbuddy - Have you ever tried Birdsview Burgers? Just a few miles west of concrete on hwy20...

bjgough likes this.
  9. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

no , but I'll make a point of trying it out someday

10. Billy McFly

I just broke out the map and it's actually west of Concrete around the Baker Lake turnoff. On the south side of the road - if you blink you'll miss it .

11. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Frugals in Port Anges. Fat Smittys in Discovery Bay. Grub Hut in Kingston. Chimacum cafe in, well, Chimacum.

stilly stalker likes this.
  12. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

My god that place is awful. Warming up your pre cooked meat in a smoker, and refusing to season it automatically disqualifies you from any possibility of being good.

And when I make it up to the Skagit, I always try to eat at Trainwreck. Place is waaaaaaaaaay good, reasonably priced, good beer selection, and quite possibly the most eye pleasing waitress I've ever had the pleasure of watching walk away.

13. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Evan just sold me.....

14. jake-e-boy

jake-e-boy No mas

I tried it today and thought the coleslaw wasn't half bad... This is the place on the corner above the cop shop? With all the smokers in the parking lot? Guessing there are not too many bbq places in your neck of the woods

15. Nooksack Mac

Nooksack Mac Active Member

Where is Trainwreck? (BTW, there was once a good and eye-catching eatery on Hwy. 20, on the east edge of Sedro Woolley, consisting of several redecorated railroad cars; but they're long gone.)

16. Danielocean

Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

My house. Always try to serve up something good and building a cool place to chill in the garage too. Its coming together nicely with a ping pong table on the way. Gonna do a get together soon with ribeyes on the menu.

Kyle Smith and stilly stalker like this.
  17. Kyle Smith

Kyle Smith Active Member

I am severely addicted to Roost, the hip fried chicken joint in Main St. Better than Ezell's but no signed Oprah posters.
    I used to like the Dunkin Donuts at Sloatsburg rest area on the NY thruway, day or night.

18. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Conquer. We always stop on our way back through.

Yup, where I do most of my "stopping" for grub. Just at "My house", not yours. LOL.

But my mancave will only be a fishing cabin. No pool or ping pong tables. Just some flytying tables and misc.

19. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Right here

jake-e-boy likes this.
  20. Smalma

Smalma Active Member

For a mid-day break/lunch - my tail gate!

Smoked kokanee (some of the best smoked fish in the PNW), crackers, cheese (maybe a pepper jack), apple slices and a cold beverage; dinning large! Suspect that lunch and not my company is why folks look forward to a day in the field with me.

Curt

Ed Call and Stew McLeod like this.