Best places to chow down after a day on a river...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Billy McFly, Jul 20, 2014.

1. New ownership at take a break! Real deal diner food! Check it out!!! they are packing the place for breakfast and lunch! MP 111 is good too, but can be pricey!

2. I did hear about this change in owners. I enjoyed the breakfast burrito before, but change can be good so I'll have to try it next time I'm in town

3. Hard to beat fishing all day and stopping at "Fiesta" En Jalisco in Orofino

4. They actually have a sign by the register that says something like "We Aspire to be Adequate"...
    I guess adequate means dry, tough, flavorless bbq.

I believe it's called Armadillo BBQ. Not good.

5. The Cascade Burger has a beef patty, sausage patty, fried egg, cheese... The sausage used to be made by some local guy back in the 90s called Tarheel Sausage. Don't know if he's still doing it. Last time I stopped in there, the sausage didn't taste like it.

6. Look who's the big spender! :D

7. New burger place to report...... Fresh Burger Cafe in Levenworth. Not as good as the BBQ Bucket in Granite Falls but very-very good.

Also the Take a Break Cafe is for real! - Thanks for the tip guys. Corned Beef Hash and Chicken Fried Steak :)

8. Hey Gary, whatever happened to the "McLeary Bear Festival" down the road from Montesano? I believe they used to serve you all the bear roast you could eat. Used to be open season all year with no limit back in the days the timber folks claimed the bears were ruining all the newly planted trees. I don't believe serving bear for $ is legal now (nor should it be).
    But I always wondered what happened to the annual Bear Festival down there...

9. Used to like The Silver Spoon when it was in the old Grange Hall in downtown Duvall - until the town went all Euro' on us.
    That was some good food by some good country people. But that was almost 40 years ago now. They ought to bring it back.

10. Back in the 70's when the Green R. was still a good steelhead stream we used to stop in at the Caveman Kitchen on the West Valley Hwy. in Kent - and I was pleased to see it's still there. A different approach to barbeque, but the food is really good. And they'll smoke a whole pig for you if you want!

11. I don't know, we never went to that when I was growing up. Our family extended south and toward the coast so we always did things in that direction. Not to mention my grandpa usually had some bear in the freezer for whenever we wanted it.