Best spot for first time kayak fishing for SRC

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Andrew Shoemaker, May 3, 2014.

1. Andrew Shoemaker Active Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    I'm borrowing a friends kayak tomorrow and Monday to try kayak fishing for the first time and want to fish SRC's in the salt. What would you guys say is the best/safest/easiest spot to get into some fish in a kayak for newb kayak fisher. I have experience paddling my 16ft 'r in the sound but have never been in a open top kayak where Im slingling flies out of so would like a spot where I can concentrate more on fishing than paddling and also looking on some advice about beaches that fish better from a kayak or better from the beach. I'm considering three different secret spots that nobody has ever heard of called Twanoh, Purdy, or Ollala...whcih one should I pick or do you ahve a better reccomendation youd like to share here or PM me? Also, and lastly, Im going it alone so if anyone else with a kayak wants to fish tomorrow I'm game...weather calls for <1ft wind waves and 9-12kt winds in most south sound locations and Hood Canal.
  2. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +753 / 0
    since the forecast is calling for south winds both days i would look for whichever spot has the shoreline to the south of the water to be out of the wind as much as possible.
    Andrew Shoemaker likes this.