Best SRC Flyline?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by freestoneangler, Feb 11, 2012.

1. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +708 / 1
    Changed my mind again (like a high school cheerleader :D )...away from the SA Streamer Express and now down to either the Cortland 444 Clear Camo or Cortland Precision Clear Camo.

Which would you pick for double duty use; beach action pitching clousers and for the lakes?

Need to order today... way behind getting this done for upcoming trips.

Thanks
  2. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +879 / 0
    Now here's a question I've been needing to ask: which would be the best shop to fill my line needs regarding these types of lines. I can combine a trip over the hill to the shop, and hit Uwajimaya for some supplies, all in the same day! Got the rod coming, got the reel picked out, but I need the line!
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    Get the precision with the Rocket Taper 2.

I prefer the Airflo 40+ off the beach but if you want one line to do both I think the Precision has a slight edge over the Classic.
  4. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    I also recently purchased a 40+. Quite the bomb. It's a little two heavy for my RPL, but I have used a standard WF for years for sea run cutthroat and dry lines. I'm due for a new 5wt. rod anyway! I think a simple WF 10' sink-tip is a good sea run cutthroat line to get it below the surface. If you want "distance" then 40+ lines and the others are great, but using a standard WF will make you a little more relaxed on the beach after watching and playing with those lines that are heavier to handle but "shoot like a hell bomb"!
  5. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +708 / 1
  6. Bob Young Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    For David Loy; I fish the Rio 'Hover' which they now call the 'slow intermediate' I'm with you on fishing the top couple of feet. I hardly ever hook a bullhead or flounder.
    The Airflow 40+ version works just as well.