Best thing you bought this year?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by IveofIone, Dec 29, 2010.

1. You taking input on that last statement?

Oh yeah, liking what I'm reading!

I started my year trading frames with Riverman, got a set of 14' Maxxons and assembled my cataraft. Can haul lots of gear, me and two friends or best of all, my whole family.

It just does not get better than this:
    View attachment 37481

And these water proof and warm protective pants with integrated footwear and designed for kids fly rods with a lower handle to ease the intro to fly fishing.
    View attachment 37482

Quite a few outings on that boat and the water with great friends, but the Yakima trip with the whole family and the friends we shared that great weekend with was the best trip, despite several really awesome trips, this year.

Close contenders:
    Used water master kodiak (thanks to Commander Scoones for the pick and delivery and to Freestone for the outrageous find!)
    Fishpond Flint Hills Vest...this was a gift for father's day. Best vest for carrying only what you need that I've ever tried.

2. OR and WA fishing license, shuttle service for 4 days of fishing, my son his first fly tying kit and a new furnace 95% efficient. Watched my firends pontoon boat drift down the dechutes without him.......priceless. We were down stream and stopped it for him.

3. Lowrance HDS-5 fish finder/GPS

A close second is the 2007 Chevy Silverado that I bought off my ex-fiance's dad. The truck was in Texas and I got to drive over Hoover Dam, through the Mojave Desert, and visit Yosemite NP. Yosemite Falls alone, was worth the trip

4. I better...worked hard to get there you know...:)

5. I thought i would be bragging but after reading this I am a not even in the running. Tickets to NZ.

6. Nice. :thumb:

7. I cant say I bought him, but my son was a great gift

Other than that.....my time on the OP was a great gift to me...thanks Jergens

8. Upgrade to iPhone 4, Beulah spey rod, 46" Sony t.v., life's pretty good.

9. For years I have used Maxima tippet for all my steelheading because I found it to be the best material. But I hated the way the line always unwound on me, even with the clear plastic insert and rubber band. Then I found this little item and have loved them ever since.

The other item was a new toon...man I love that thing.

10. Shit I'm drunk. Already said that.

11. 16' Koffler.

Best purchase this year despite having to sleep in it since bringing it home. Waiting for my wife to let me back in the house.... But totally worth it!!

12. I bought a ring last winter that was by far my most important purchase of the year (of life for that matter), but fishing related:

[​IMG]

13. Trip on the steelhead train (Eastern OR) for me and the boy. Caught his first steelhead with train in background. That was a trip, to be sure. Too bad looks like they won't be around this next year.

View attachment 37499

14. Force fins . . . no question

15. I bought some things this year but when I read Ive's post, I had a hard time coming up with them. For me, the best was a train ticket to Whitefish, MT for one last fishing trip with my way-too-young fishing buddy Steve who was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in late August. It looks like we won't get to do the steelhead trip I promised him so I hope my second best thing will be one more visit soon...

16. A 7'9" 6wt fiberglass rod from Steffen Brothers. It's a streamer-chucking machine for smaller streams and one of the very best rods of any configuration I've ever used.

17. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: