Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Best Wife.

2K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  scottflycst 
#1 ·
Just got to brag a little.

Wife woke me this morning singing happy birthday. Made me some of her famous french toast. Then asks me if I an ready for my birthday present. (We don't normally do presents for each other.) She went down to Avid and got me a new fly rod. A Echo2 690SW 4X w/2 tips. Cool. I have a full quiver with some back-ups, (only one of them was not second hand) so the chances of her getting me something I needed were not good. She said I should exchange it, if it wasn't what I could use.

This is a good wife. She also suggested I go down to the shop and see if they could order me some custom waders, as I can't get any stock ones that fit.

Then She reminded me of last years new years resolution. Take a day off once a month and go fishing during the week. (less crowded).

It's going to be a good day. :D

#20 ·
Just got to brag a little.

Wife woke me this morning singing happy birthday. Made me some of her famous french toast. Then asks me if I an ready for my birthday present. (We don't normally do presents for each other.) She went down to Avid and got me a new fly rod. A Echo2 690SW 4X w/2 tips. Cool. I have a full quiver with some back-ups, (only one of them was not second hand) so the chances of her getting me something I needed were not good. She said I should exchange it, if it wasn't what I could use.

This is a good wife. She also suggested I go down to the shop and see if they could order me some custom waders, as I can't get any stock ones that fit.

Then She reminded me of last years new years resolution. Take a day off once a month and go fishing during the week. (less crowded).

It's going to be a good day. :D
Clone here and you'll make so much money you and your kids and your grandkids won't ever have to work again.

Congratulations and belated happy birthday.

#22 ·
Jeff,
After reading your post, I'd say you and your wife are well matched. She loves what she has in you and you appreciate her enough to tell us about it. That's thanks and giving.
I'll take my hat off to that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.