Bevan Series on Sustainable Fisheries

Discussion in 'Events' started by mr trout, Jan 13, 2006.

1. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    As some of you may know, I am a fisheries student at UW, so I thought I would pass some stuff along if any of you are interested.

We have the Bevan series on sustainable fisheries lectures running right now, which you can find out more on at www.courses.washington.edu/susfish

So far, the speakers have had interesting things to say concerning the present state of fisheries here and abroad and what measures are being taken to provide for a stable system in which we look out for ecosystem goods and services, as well as economic, recreational and intrinsic values related to fisheries and the surrounding ecosystems.
    Of particular interest, I think that the lecture on Jan 26 by John Post concerning "The invisible collapse of recreational fisheries" should be a good one.

Just to let you know. - Trevor

PS - I'm there every week as a class requirement, so if you come to one, let me know. Its always nice to put a WFF name to a real life face.
  2. Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Outer Duvall
    Ratings: +248 / 1
    Looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up.
    It is on the calendar to attend if schedule permits.

TC
  3. FlyShopKristin Going Online

Monroe, Wa, USA.
    Wow. This looks really interesting. Thanks for posting the info Trevor.

-Kristin
  4. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    Just a little bumpage for visability... Anybody coming? I will be the tall guy with the Camo hat and bag, with slightly shaggy hair, feel free to say hi or buy me dinner;) :p . It's in room 102 (auditorium) of the fisheries building at 1122 NE Boat Street. Hope to see some people there!
  5. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Interesting! I'll have to try and make it down there sometime.

Thanks for sharing the info!

Bill :thumb: