bh rock roller...

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by tws, Nov 17, 2007.

1. tws

tws New Member

here is a pattern that mimics the october caddis in it's larval stage. i discovered this pattern a long time ago in a newspaper article but have since lost the text/tying/recipe.

I understand that the body is created using rubber bands, tied over a black thread wrap then clipped to fashion the shape of the caddis casing... thorax and bead head as you like it.

naturally i've searched online for the BH Rock Roller but found nothing so far.

i wonder if anyone has created a similar pattern? Does anyone know the specific tying recipe or a link to such?

would anyone be interested in trying to copy this pattern?

thanks,

tws
    [​IMG]

2. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Media:
  3. Philster

Philster Active Member

Media:
    I don't remember where I got it, but the one I used to tie was a head like you have, and the case is just random cheap cock and partridge feathers wrapped fairly tightly, and then clipped. Looks like twigs and is fast, easy, and cheap... Sorry no pic... Mainly because I don't tie them anymore as I've never done particularly well on cased caddis. Do much better on nekkid pupae regardless of season :confused:

4. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98 Member

tws-to tie that body,make a dubbing loop and put a mixture of different colored leg material,pull tight and wrap.Then trim to shape.Its kind of a messy,time consuming bitch to tie IMO.Hope this helps.