BIG DOG FLY SWAP

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by stewart dee, Sep 21, 2010.

1. stewart dee Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Kerfwappie has made it with an interesting fly box. This is going old skool --- A VHS box with foam inside-- HA that is sweet. Good looking flies!
  2. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    What time should we meet at AATF?
  3. stewart dee Guest

How about 10am?
  4. JayB Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +137 / 0
    So it's been 6 days since I put my flies in the mail - not sure what happened to them, but if they're not there by now, it's a pretty sure bet that they'll never get there.

Work will be busy enough that I may not be able to crank out a replacement batch in time for the swap. Argh.
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,356 / 9
    Tracking used?
  6. JayB Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Nope - line was out the door and I was already taking time away from work to drop by the post office so I put 3X the postage I thought I'd need ($4.50 for a small padded envelope to Everett) and figured that between that and the big, clear black lettering it'd either arrive in Everett or back at my place if there was a problem. Evidently not.
  7. stewart dee Guest

Jay B your flies are here now.
  8. JayB Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Woah - miracle of miracles.

I was kind of having fun imagining where they'd end up. Kind of like the USPS equivalent of sending a message in a bottle adrift in the ocean....
  9. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Stewart, I packed mine up and sent them off to you...projected arrival is tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be able to make the face to face meet and swing or not so I figured that I better get them going postal. There is one tagged special for you for hosting.
  10. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    I'm sorry to say I might not be able to make Sundays face to face. I'll have to play it by ear and see what happens. The good news for all you that can make it is that if I don't show, I'm sure the fishing will be better than if I can make it! Always seem to happen that way.
  11. stewart dee Guest

Mumbles has sent his flies, these will catch fish.
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Stewart, you think? Even with all the...gulp...beads? Will you swing it? That is the question. How do you like that big nasty one?
  13. stewart dee Guest

I think I will pitch it with my Winston and swing it slow and deep, then on the DANGLE that is when the magic will happen. This will be my first fly choice Sunday on the Sky since it is big and trashy (super sexy) like Kim Kardashian. Look out pictures of a nice Dog at hand with a Mumbles fly.
  14. stewart dee Guest

Deadline is up soon and most are in. Looks like the trade goes down at the river 10:00 am All About the Fly. See you guys soon and if someone can stop and pick up Bob he needs to get out and cast with us.
  15. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Stewart, and others, I won't be able to join the group on Sunday as my plans will be taking me west and not north.
  16. JayB Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ditto. Good luck out there fellas - let us know how it goes....
  17. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    So who is planning on fishing tomorrow? Looks like things might blow tonight....
  18. stewart dee Guest

I will be going and if not anything fishing up in the system after Steel. If people change there mind that's no problem just send them in, thanks.
  19. stewart dee Guest

OK shipping over the next couple days, thanks guys nice stuff.
  20. stewart dee Guest

Everything is in the mail.... some guys sent in 5 or 6 more, some were short, some didn't provide return packaging and only 2 tagged flies. Everyone will get a few more of one fly and I didn't tag the rest since that would be like Mom cleaning your room. The guy that receives the gift certificate lives on the other side of the pond, hope you make it over to the Sky this winter and stop in to see Ron at AATF. Nice flies you guys, tight lines.